PDA

View Full Version : End of the year silver. A lot of firsts knocked off of the list.

zrickkid
12-10-2013, 10:22 PM
The end of the year was very kind to me. I hunted a school tearout that had been off limits for a year. So..once the fence came down I went right at it. Many of the coins were actually on top of the dirt and I did not even have to dig for them. The Morgan dollar was a first and I almost didn't dig it because it was such a strong signal at 1". Imagine my surprise!! The seated quarter is an 1891S only about 3" in depth. The Barber dime was the deepest at 7". The soil was turned over many times so it was a real crapshoot. Some memorials were deep as well so as they say dig em all! All in all I pulled 20+ silver coins in a little over a month with 5 being my record for one day. The SKQ is a 1917 type 1 with a full date (also a first). I even found a 1908 Indian cent. Cant wait until next year. Thanks for looking.3574435745

Digger Don
12-11-2013, 12:22 AM
What a fantastic way to end the year. Wow
Congrats

Tony Two-Cent
12-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Amazing finds! :notworthy:

Huge congrats on the Morgan Dollar! That's incredible! I'm still looking for my first silver dollar.

The seated quarter is terrific too! That one is a beauty! :loveit:

I absolutely love Standing Liberty Quarters and that one is a gorgeous example. It has great detail, I love it when you can still see the beading around the rim on the obverse. I have never found a Type I, hopefully someday!

Congrats on your great finds! :thumbsup02:

leslie(nova scotia)
12-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Awesome me bouy and Ize a dinking next year will be even better fur youz!

coinnut
12-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Super finds :shocked04: :loveit: Amazing what is left under the ground that shows up after some dirt is moved around. Any chance we can get some better shots of the Morgan and Seated?

Timewarpdigger
12-11-2013, 07:13 PM
That was every metal detectorist dream hunt!!! Congrats!! The one dig I think you will never forget. WOW!!!!!

KCFindIt
12-11-2013, 11:59 PM
What a beautiful and successful hunt. How do you clean your coins? Or do real silver coins get found that shiny?

zrickkid
12-12-2013, 01:00 AM
On non key date coins I just use old fashioned toothpaste or electrolysis

wisconsin digger
12-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Your old coins look to be in better shape than the newer ones. That SLQ is the nicest early date I have seen. Super lot of coins and the Dollar is on everyone's bucket list. WOW Wisconsin Digger