PDA

View Full Version : Heat wave hunt

Ronandari
12-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Well it got up to about 35 today so after I fixed the wife's car I want back to the fairgrounds that I hit yesterday with the 8x6 SEF. I didn't do quite as good today but still pulled a sterling pendant, giant square crystal earring, tiny knife shaped like a rooster, tiny gold Yellowstone pins and a Louisiana luxury tax token. I am still getting to know this coil but I find it surprising that I am not finding much for coins. Only 2 dimes and a few memorial pennies. I am sure that there is a reason for it.

del
12-18-2013, 06:02 PM
good stuff there :congrats:, better than clad any day

Digger Don
12-18-2013, 07:38 PM
That knife is very unusual. Great find

coinnut
12-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Great amount of finds for just a short time having that coil. Don't be too surprised at not finding that many coins. Most coils do a decent job of hitting the circular targets like coins. The SEF seem to hit on the small targets better and with a bit more depth. Sooner or later you will find a coin that was partially masked. Don't be afraid to try digging some iffy targets too.

Ronandari
12-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Funny you should mention the iffy signals Coinnut. It seems that the iffy signals are the best finds. This coil seems to I'D pulltabs evenly across the frequencies while sweeping with my VX3 and believe me I dug plenty. Targets of value typically seem to hit harder on one of freqs. It does do fantastic on small targets. I found almost microscopic aluminum bits at 4 or 5 inches.

Ron

WBL TH
12-18-2013, 11:35 PM
Cool Knife.

giant056
12-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Great bunch of finds you got there :thumbsup01: the knife is really cool, last summer I found one that looks like a peanut about the same size, it ended up being a promotional for a peanut seller. It didn't make it up to freezing yesterday here but today is a different story and I'll probably be heading out in this snow soon cause it's above freezing right now.

Lodge Scent
12-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Very unique knife !

Ronandari
12-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Here is a picture of the knife before and after some cleaning. The other side is still a little rough and will need some more work.35887

Timewarpdigger
12-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Congrats on the interesting group of finds. Have never seen a pocket knife like that before. HH