PDA

View Full Version : Dug Zippo Lighters

giant056
12-19-2013, 06:20 AM
On December 6th I sent in 4 Zippo's to be repaired and I got them back yesterday, they sent me extra flints, a pocket identification code card, catalog and all the lighters in great working order. The brass one on the left I bought back in 1994 and it was made in November of 93, the DMAC Industries out of Battle Creek I dug April 29th 2008 at Kleinstuck preserve, it was made in 1959, the slimline one that says Patty I dug out in Battle Creek in the woods on December 4th and the other slimline to the right of it I dug on October 16th from the same woods and it's a 1967.

..... The funny thing is that they replaced the entire hinge on the only one that wasn't dug and put only pins on the 2 dug ones that needed it. The replaced all 4 inserts because they all were bad.

.....This darned nasty weather has been a pain in the keester, it's got me doing things that I don't normally do like sending in Zippos. In all the years that I have been almost exclusively using Zippo's this is the very first time that I've ever sent one in and I must say that Zippo sure does stand behind they're unconditional guarantee, wow!!!!! what a fantastic company they still are :grin:

It only cost me $5.80 in a flat rate box to ship them and well worth it :)

Ronandari
12-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Zippos are a great product and company. I used to carry one and have lost several over the years. Nice collection you have put together. It looks like your weather will be getting above freezing today, that might be the cure for your cabin fever.

Cheers

Ron

Digger Don
12-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Zippos are the only lighter I use.
Try lighting up on a windy day with a Bic

giant056
12-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Zippos are the only lighter I use.
Try lighting up on a windy day with a Bic

Bics are really pain when I'm out detecting I much prefer a Zippo but if worst comes to worst I have a backup bic always in my glovebox. It's not often I run out of fluid with a zippo but it happens now and then.