PDA

View Full Version : SEF coil still producing

Ronandari
12-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Went back to the do fairgrounds today since the weather is being accommodating. First hole produced a 6mm size 7 14k gold ring. Spent the rest of the day getting used to the 8x6 SEF in coin mode. I still have some adjusting to do. Found 10 memorial, 2 nickels, 2 quarters and 8 dimes in an area that I had hit pretty hard before. I have to say that this coil is very productive. But the Vdi's seem a little high to me at the moment

Cheers

Ron

del
12-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Great ring :smitten:, congrats . vdi's are always a bit off when using a different coil as are the depth accuracy . coin mode is a pretty conservative program (discrimination wise) and will limit your depth and ability to "hear" those smaller targets at depth. keep up the good work.

Ronandari
12-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Great ring :smitten:, congrats . vdi's are always a bit off when using a different coil as are the depth accuracy . coin mode is a pretty conservative program (discrimination wise) and will limit your depth and ability to "hear" those smaller targets at depth. keep up the good work.

Thanks Del. I normally hunt coin and j mode tweaked for the area. Just using coin mode to get familiar with the coil and it seems I may need to adjust my discrimination a little to compensate

coinnut
12-19-2013, 04:09 PM
That coil just paid for itself :smitten: Great find. Nothing like seeing gold in the dirt. I would also recommend doing smaller areas and repeating them from a different direction. Also opening up the disc settings always brings in a few more targets.

Timewarpdigger
12-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Nice ring!!! Congrats!! Great return on your investment. lol

giant056
12-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Fantastic score on that nice GOLD ring :thumbsup02:

.............................. :congrats:

Lodge Scent
12-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Great find! A lot of folks seem to like that 8X6 coil.

freemindstuck
12-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Very nice find! I just bought a 8x6 sef for my v3i and am hoping that it works out.

skribnodsister
12-22-2013, 07:18 AM
WOW, Sweet ring you found! I just got a 8x6 SEF coil for my mxt pro a couple months ago also, but never really got out to use it. Congrats!:perfect10: