PDA

View Full Version : I've reached my first Two Goals...

texasboy112
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
I can’t tell you how excited I am that I’ve reached (2) of my goals during my Metal Detecting experience. As I’ve stated before, I started Coin Hunting on March 28, 2010 on some public land, and parks, within fifty miles of my home. Finding my 1st coin, at my first location, was exciting to say the least; since then I’ve achieved both of my (I assumed long-range) goals. On May 13, 2010 I found 103 Coins and a Silver Ring, and on May 18, 2010 I reached a 1,006 Coin total. Pictures for both of my “personal” events are posted below.

A few milestone days, during this period, are:

April, 22, 2010: 76 Coins,

May 6, 2010: 86 Coins, 2 Children’s Rings, a Sterling Silver Pendant, with two small Diamonds, a Religious Pendant, and a single earring

May 13, 2010: 103 Coins, and a Silver Ring

May 17, 2010: 82 Coins

May 18, 2010: 80 Coins with a 2000 Sacagawea Dollar Coin, which is a 1st for me (coin number 1,002).

I also found, during this time: 6 Rings, 2 Pendants, 3 Single Earrings, and an old USN Pin

Being retired has helped my searching a lot; I was able to hunt 24 times during this period. Because I haven’t been Detecting that long (the middle of February, 2010) I didn’t know what to expect, but I didn’t think I’d find “too” many old silver coins in these fairly modern sites (which I did not). Now that my first two goals have been met I’ll start focusing on “Quality” not “Quantity”.

Redundantly, I’ve got to thank my good friend John (Lowjiber) for his endless help with my Spectra V3 (He may live 800 miles away, but he was always available), and Yazoo for his Coin and Jewelry Program which I used in finding nearly all of my coins. This forum is “WONDERFUL”; the help, and so many words of encouragement, from all of you, have been a great driving force for me. THANKS so much…

angellionel
05-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Congrats on your several milestones! You have definitely been bit by the detecting bug. lol It is a great hobby, and one that pays you back too. thumbsup01 The help and knowledge shared by other members here is a plus too. :yes: I wish you more success in your future hunts. :)

Epi-hunter
05-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Beautiful finds and excellent photos texasboy.... and yes, lowjiber and yazoo are great :)

Looking forward to more of your posts! Congrats!! thumbsup01

Ill Digger
05-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Boy o' boy have you been diggin' some holes!!!
I've lost track of all the helpful tips and tricks I've received from the forum.
It is an invaluable resource to say the least thumbsup01
Continued success and good luck to you!!
Congrats on all the great finds :grin:

del
05-20-2010, 02:48 AM
:shocked04: :shocked04: that my friend is alot of knee bends and makes mine ache just looking at all the coinage , your doing extremely well huge congrats to you Texasboy thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Lowjiber
05-20-2010, 06:24 AM
:) Like others, I'm very impressed with your finds in such a quick climb up the learning curve. From a relative newbie to the master of your universe, you've shown what dedication and hard work can accomplish in this hobby.

As you told me once, It's not the wand, it's the wizard. I'd say you've earned your cool wizard hat. :rolleyes:

Congratulations and Good Luck from here on out in your MD career.

xzlr8n
05-20-2010, 06:48 AM
Congrats on your quick and bountiful successes!! Looks like you have a long road ahead of you filled with more great finds. People have told me I'm pretty lucky to find some of my finds, I attribute those great finds to just putting myself out in the field more than the next guy. More time hunting equals increased odds of finding the really cool and good stuff. I look forward to retirement and having as much time as I can handle to look for stuff. This is such a great hobby to get outside and like others have said make money instead of paying for fun. Soon you'll be offering all of us on American Detectorist your tips learned using your V3, I for one can't wait to hear them thumbsup01.

Again congrats and good luck out there ;) .

yazoo
05-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Wow Tex, That is some great work.Job well done.Now you got any tips I might use? ;)Keep up the hunting and baggin the goodies. Yazoo

coinnut
05-20-2010, 09:48 PM
I'd say you did better than average :shocked04: Great bunch of coins. You did the right thing by digging quantity first. Now that you have 1000+ coins under your belt, you can hit some older sites for the quality ones. Hate to see you scratch a good one learning to dig lol A super job with a top of the line machine. It didn't take you that long to get the hang of it. Now how do we get you to come home when it gets dark? rofl You did well. thumbsup01

tanacat
05-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Love your display, quite impressive! You are so right about this forum. It's so nice to have a place to share, get help identifying mystery objects, like you say -learnin' the ropes :)

moseng
05-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Yes, congratulations on achieving your goals. Somewhere along you also reached another milestone, at least is was for me. You have dug at least ONE THOUSAND holes! :twirlingeyes:

leslie(nova scotia)
06-02-2010, 03:55 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....congrats on the goals achieved. See a few days with quotas (50 coins) and a century (100) which means a lot of knee bends me son.....how did you feel the next day?

Hook
06-02-2010, 07:07 AM
congrats on hitting a couple of your goals so soon. may you keep up the pace and reach more goals for yourself soon! thumbsup01