PDA

View Full Version : First Beach Find

buck57
12-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi all. Been a while since we made a post, or even had a chance to glance over the forum in the past couple of months. We sold the house up in Missouri, and made the big move down to Florida. Finally had the chance to get out and hit the beaches and for the past few weekends, only found some battery money and a couple of junk jewelry, until yesterday. The wife loves sea shell and shark teeth hunting, so we drove down south a bit and hit two different beaches. The first beach only produced a few coins, but the second beach brought me my first ring from sunny Florida. It was a men's Triton wedding ring. Hunting the beaches is a tad different than the fields of Missouri, but we are loving it. :groovy: Hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas ;)

coinnut
12-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Hey great find on the Triton ring. I think it's tungsten carbide and not platinum though. If it is, they start around $260.:shocked04: Congrats on your first Florida ring. With so many people detecting down there you did well finding a ring so soon:clapping:

Digger Don
12-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Which ever it is, It looks like new.
Congrats & Great Find

WBL TH
12-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Congrats! looks great.

Greg

buck57
12-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Your right coinnut. Thanks. it shows this exact ring goes for $369. Good hunting to ya.

Hey great find on the Triton ring. I think it's tungsten carbide and not platinum though. If it is, they start around $260.:shocked04: Congrats on your first Florida ring. With so many people detecting down there you did well finding a ring so soon:clapping:

del
12-23-2013, 02:58 PM
good looking ring Buck congrats on your first from the "sunshine state" :clapping::clapping:

Timewarpdigger
12-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Congrats and enjoy the nice warm weather. LOL Jealous!!! HH

coinnut
12-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Your right coinnut. Thanks. it shows this exact ring goes for $369. Good hunting to ya.

$369? :shocked04: It's expensive to get married :hystericallaugh: Nice score!!

buck57
12-23-2013, 08:31 PM
good looking ring Buck congrats on your first from the "sunshine state" :clapping::clapping:

Hey, thanks del. The wife and I decided to make the move down here while we're still young enough to snorkel and live the good life. Now I need to get me one of those short detectors like Mathew Machanauhay had in the movie, "Fools Gold"
Thanks Timewarpdigger. It's been in the mid to upper 80's ever since we moved here 2 months ago.
Good hunting to all, and Happy Holidays!

buck57
12-23-2013, 08:46 PM
$369? :shocked04: It's expensive to get married :hystericallaugh: Nice score!!

Ain't that the truth coinnut, not unless you find some thing on the beach prior too:lol:

Cheap Thrills
01-14-2014, 12:39 AM
Congrats on the nice ring and your move to Florida . May your next silver be an 8 Reale .

fsa46
01-18-2014, 03:26 PM
.[
QUOTE=coinnut;152507]$369? :shocked04: It's expensive to get married :hystericallaugh: Nice score!![/QUOTE]

And even more to get unmarried. :crying01: Nope , not talking from experience, next year will be our 50th

buck57
01-21-2014, 08:50 PM
Congrats on the nice ring and your move to Florida . May your next silver be an 8 Reale .
Thanks Cheap Thrills. So, what's a 8 Reale?

del
01-22-2014, 06:43 AM
So, what's a 8 Reale?

Buck an 8 reale or Spanish mill dollar as they are sometimes called was the staple of currency use from about the 17th to mid 19th centuries for many countries. its what our currency is based or modeled from. many associate them to "pirate treasure" because ofter they were found in "cob" form.

here is some pictures of some

buck57
01-22-2014, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the info Dan. That is surely on my new wish list. I hear the place to go to find a Spanish coin, is after a storm, and between Daytona and Fort Lauderdale Beaches there on the east coast. I'm over by the Tampa area, but have some good spots too, such as Fort Desoto. Plan on detecting Fort Myers area tomorrow, but Fri and Sat, the misses and myself are heading to Key Largo for some snorkeling and the Stone Crab festival. Hope the snow melts soon for you all....

coinnut
01-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Just make sure them forts and surrounding areas are not off limits to detecting. Some of them laws may be Federal and caryy hefty fines and confiscation of equipment...not sure if that is in your area or not, but better safe than sorry :lol: Also, some silver from beaches comes out clean and shiny, but others come out black and crusty and resemble clad coins that are very tarnished. The same goes for silver rings. Just find the gold and don't waste time on anything else ;)

buck57
01-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Hey, thanks for the info George. There are only a couple of Fl State Parks that allow detecting, and Fort Desoto is one, BUT not close to the fort. We were down at Fort Myers last weekend, and hit Lovers Key State Park, which also allowed detecting. That is interesting about how some silver comes out black from the beaches. I need to go back through my junk piles. LOL Happy hunting all.

zrickkid
02-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Buck try Caspersons beach and Venice beach on the gulf side. We find Megaladon teeth there every once in a while. Plus you can find lots of Pleistocene mamals fossils like Sabre tooth cat, camel, mastodon, etc. Its a great place after storms.

buck57
02-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Buck try Caspersons beach and Venice beach on the gulf side. We find Megaladon teeth there every once in a while. Plus you can find lots of Pleistocene mamals fossils like Sabre tooth cat, camel, mastodon, etc. Its a great place after storms.
Thanks zrickkid. Casperson is one of our favorite beaches to hit, because of the shark teeth, and that is where I found this ring. Just last Sat in two hours, my wife and I found 206 teeth. My daughter came down for Christmas, and while she was shark teeth hunting with her mama, that is when I found this ring. I've only been here since Oct, and love it. Good hunting to ya.

giant056
02-09-2014, 08:05 AM
Great score on the Triton ring, I've been putting off posting here til I got a chance to look through my jewelry cause I just knew that I had one or two of that same brand. I found this one in about waist deep water in a swimming area of a county park.

buck57
02-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Great job giant056. Looks to have a lot more detail than mine. Congrats

Tom
02-10-2014, 07:03 AM
Nice ring Buck, bet your beach is a bit warmer than mine!
:thumbsup01:

buck57
02-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Thanks Tom. Yea, I think we are a tad warmer. In fact, not to rub it in or nothing, but the mrs and I are heading south a few hours this Thursday for our 33rd anniversary and we'll be snorkeling on Friday down at Key Largo. I do hope it warms up for you all soooon. Happy hunting Tom

DFXplorer
02-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Great find on the ring! I too have found a couple of Triton's and am always surprised on the weight of the Tungston! One of the ones I found had 3 small Diamonds inlaid, small but nice Quality. I definately see why they are lost - because of the comfort fit and weight.
regards,

Tom
02-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Thanks Tom. Yea, I think we are a tad warmer. In fact, not to rub it in or nothing, but the mrs and I are heading south a few hours this Thursday for our 33rd anniversary and we'll be snorkeling on Friday down at Key Largo. I do hope it warms up for you all soooon. Happy hunting Tom

Happy 33rd Buck! Enjoy all the warm......

buck57
02-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Congrats on your Triton rings there DFXplorer. Like to see a pic with the diamonds in it.
Hey thanks Tom. We had a outstanding day for snorkeling on the 14th, the Atlantic was like glass 5 miles off shore from Key Largo. Good hunting all.