PDA

View Full Version : Getting permission

Ronandari
12-27-2013, 08:31 PM
I went up to a Civil War era home today that I have been thinking of asking permission to hunt. I met the grandson in law in the driveway and he sent me up to the house to meet Betty Poole who is the owner. She was the sweetest lady that I have met in many years and at 81 years of age is the third generation on the farm. We had a nice visit and she gave me permission to hunt the area and told me some of the history of the house and farm including the slave quarters that is still standing. After hunting for a couple hours and spending time with the great grandchildren that were interested in what I was doing, I had found very little of interest. I went in to show Betty what I had found. We chatted for over an hour while she told me of her family which included 15 children, 51 grandchildren and 57 great grandchildren.
What a great time, she had the brightest eyes and the sweetest smile and she made this such a memorable hunt. She invited me back to hunt when I want and I find myself looking forward to the visit.

Happy Hunting.

Ron

Digger Don
12-27-2013, 09:45 PM
It's true, Metal detecting is a great way to make new friends.
It sounds like she enjoyed your visit as much as you did.

will penny
01-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Why do people find it embarrassing or they do not have the nerve to knock. It will be a Yes or No answer.