PDA

View Full Version : Digging clad quarters at 9+ inches!!

xzlr8n
05-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Went to a local park that was dedicated in the late sixties. I was using the V3's &quot:grin:eep Silver program and came across a few signals that bonunced around a bit but were in the 91-94 range, reading 9 to 10 inches deep. I switched to Jack and Yazoo's hybridized correlate program and got no audio signal but noticed the spectragraph showing some brief hits in the 2.5 and 7.5 frequency. Both programs pin pointed where the motion signal hit so I figured I had a good target. The 2.5 frequency faded last and pinpointed highest in the Jack / Yazoo program. I tried increasing the span limit and adjusting the wrap to -93 with no luck hitting in motion mode:huh::huh: Not sure what to change to get them to hit in the correlate program. Any tips or hints would be appreciated. Anyway I think I have a good location to test deep targets.

The &quot:grin:eep Silver program is definately deep. I find it best to check some targets with three frequency programs to filter out bottle caps and possible iron. I'll post some picks to show you the dates so you can see how recently (20-30 years) lost clad can get 9-10 deep. This park is located next to the Susquehanna River and floods regularly.

Update: Pics of coins. The '69 and '89 quarter were the deep ones that challenged me. The other coins were all at 4-7. I also found an aluminium Coke bottle cap at the bottom of a 10 hole. It was laying perfectly right in the center and was snickering at me you dummy :mad:.

Ill Digger
05-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Thats kind of let down.
I'm sure you weer thinking silver :drool: at those depths. And then.... :shocked04:...... :bangahead01:
I know the fellin'...When I was at the DFXonly hunt I dug a 76 clad dime at 8 1/2. :bangahead01:
The program sounds like it's a deep seeker....good luck with it thumbsup01
HH :grin:

coinnut
05-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Ouch lol Clad that deep :ticked: I hate to see how deep the silver is. But what a location to test some programs at. If you could tweek that deep silver program some more, who knows how deep it will go?

ProPointer
05-22-2010, 10:24 AM
That must have sucked. I get mad when I dig memorials at 6+ inches.

Epi-hunter
05-23-2010, 05:38 PM
I HATE when that happens! :ticked: :bangahead01:

I wonder if some of the ground had been re-done at some point, explaining the deep clad?