PDA

View Full Version : Last Hunt of 2013 = 2 More Coppers!

The Rebel
12-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Got out early this am & temps were 23 when I left home. I went back to an area I haven't been back to in about a year.

There are a few holes in this area. Now that the snow & ice melted & it was going to warm up today I decided to go back now that I'm more in tune with my V3i.

Not much finds at my 1st site except this beautiful gold gilted sash buckle. I will have to go back & use my 6x10 eclipse as there was a lot of iron there.

Next hole was the best. Got a hit & Bam, 1786 CT Copper, HELL Yea! :thumbsup01: My 3rd this season. Not more than a foot away (1 swing) Bam, 1822 Cornet LC (only off 1 year either way from a key date).:yahoo: After that things quieted down & got some buttons & a cool watch winder. Any ideas on a date, I'm guessing early 1800's.

Wondered around some more & found the skeleton key. Also found 2 Wheaties.

By the end of the day it warmed up to 53 & man was my pack heavy with all my extra clothes I had to take off :)

My last hunt with Frank got me a tip of a pewter utensil as well as the working parts of a parasol. The springs inside still work.

HH in 2014! :thumbsup02:
Roger

Lodge Scent
12-28-2013, 08:46 PM
A couple of nice coppers Rebel :thumbsup01: The reverse of the CT has some good detail. That buckle is nice as are the two keys. Good way to end the year :congrats:

Timewarpdigger
12-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Like the pictures of the area you were detecting they look great. If I was hunting there I probable were just stand there enjoying the scenery and not getting any detecting in. Congrats on the finds!! Safe & HH

del
12-28-2013, 10:08 PM
what a great looking area to hunt at Roger , lots of space to explore.
great great hunt so late in the season your Connecticut is a good one , looks to be a Miller 5.5-M variety a "scarce" type according to coinfacts . the 1822 is a very sharp looking keeper and some nice relics too . congrats Roger:perfect10:

one of my first Connecticut's was this same variety , it was easier posting mine than finding this type on the internet

OxShoeDrew
12-28-2013, 10:33 PM
A very nice end of the year for you Roger. I'm glad for you. I hear the temps are going below zero this week. Yikes....think spring!

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-28-2013, 10:50 PM
awesome hunt Rog! way to end the year with a bang!

Thiltzy
12-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Great end to your hunting season Roger. a sweet 2 copper day:clapping:. Love the CT copper and some nice relics to go along with it:groovy:

The Rebel
12-29-2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks All! Boy were my feet killing me when I got home & stepped out of the car. I was hobbling around like an old man. There are a lot of ups & downs to get to this site. Guess I better get back on that elliptical to get in better shape.

Forgot to mention when I was hiking in stumbled across a large old safe that someone had dumped, the door was ripped off. Wonder if it was from a robbery.

Like the pictures of the area you were detecting they look great. If I was hunting there I probable were just stand there enjoying the scenery and not getting any detecting in. Congrats on the finds!! Safe & HH It is a great place lots of area to swing & very picturesque.

zrickkid
12-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Very nice stuff indeed.

Bell-Two
01-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Wow that is a passel of great finds, nice detail on the Copper!

coinnut
01-02-2014, 06:58 AM
Sweet looking Connecticut copper. :smitten:Congrats on some nice finds

don in ny
02-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Another post I missed as I hadn't been checking the relic forum, but I believe Del is 100% correct with his attribution of 5.5-M. I pulled out my 5.5-M as well as both my 5.6-M's and what you have is a 5.5-M. I must add that both your coin and Del's coin are in really great shape. Nice find.

giant056
02-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Awesome old Conneticut copper and L.C. ya got there Rebel :thumbsup02: