PDA

View Full Version : Last hunt before the Big Freeze

Digger Don
12-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Tomorrow it's supposed go below zero, so I got out today for a couple of hours. First I hit a farm field and found a bunch of iron, some pottery pcs. and a small arrow shaped necklace which looks old but crusty. On the way home I stopped at an older school where I found a Chimpy's Pizza Safari Token and a whopping $2.00 in clad including 2 state quarters (Alabama & Indiana )
This isn't the kind hunt I would usually post :embarrassed: , but considering it's the last one of year I figured, Why not..
Count Down to spring Begins!!!

aloldstuff
12-29-2013, 05:18 PM
The pottery shards look to be very old. If you can still get out, keep posting

Digger Don
12-29-2013, 05:38 PM
The pottery shards look to be very old. If you can still get out, keep posting
What ever it was, it was big, The pieces are almost 1/2" thick

Ronandari
12-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Let's hope for a couple of warm spells this winter Don.

del
12-29-2013, 06:25 PM
sounds like you found an old house site in that field , i bet theres coins there to be found . wtg on taking advantage of the weather before it gets to cold Don .

Dan

Digger Don
12-29-2013, 06:40 PM
sounds like you found an old house site in that field , i bet theres coins there to be found . wtg on taking advantage of the weather before it gets to cold Don .

Dan
Thanks
Actually it was an old school site. I was there Saturday also. I got skunked, but my buddy found a Merc & Barber Dime and 3 Indians.
I'll get mine in spring !!!!!!!!!!

coinnut
12-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Sounds like a great site!! Schools have lots of coins. Glad you made it out one last time before it's too late.

skribnodsister
12-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Good to see you got out for one more hunt before the deep freeze! :frozen: and you didn't come home empty handed... :groovy:

Tony Two-Cent
12-29-2013, 08:16 PM
Let's face it, this time of year it's a bonus just to be able to get out there and find anything! You did the right thing by posting this hunt, Don!

Let's hope for an early spring! :crossfingers:

Timewarpdigger
12-29-2013, 08:24 PM
I know that you may feel the finds weren't that great but no matter what, if you can get out this time of year its a bonus. A bad day of detecting is better then a good day at work. LOL Congrats on the finds!!!

Lodge Scent
12-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Very nice. Yep, you've got to make hay while the weather is nice as they say.

Digger Don
12-29-2013, 09:31 PM
I know that you may feel the finds weren't that great but no matter what, if you can get out this time of year its a bonus. A bad day of detecting is better then a good day at work. LOL Congrats on the finds!!!
That's true, I find metal detecting very relaxing and a great stress reliever. As much as I want to find 5 lbs. of silver every hunt, truth is, it doesn't really matter. just being out there hunting is what I enjoy.

giant056
12-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Yep the deep freeze is here now Don, it's good that you were able to get out for your last hunt as I did yesterday as well. Congrats on a good haul :congrats: I don't like the cabin fever myself and probably the next day it gets close to freezing again I'll be out there swinging myself as long as we don't get too much more snow.

wisconsin digger
12-31-2013, 04:47 PM
I'll take any hunt over the ground right now and the clad always helps pay the bills. Keep swinging as long as you can. Nice hunt Wisconsin Digger