PDA

View Full Version : End of the year cellar dwellars hunt*2 coppers makes 57 1/4 on the year

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Got a surprise invite from Dan & George last night for Todd & myself to meet up and hunt a few cellar holes today with Killer trees all around us lol.don't ask me what the ribbons mean't? they were doin some logging and some of the trees had orange ribbons on em.*see my pics*
Was a gorgeous winter day..the perfect weather for cellar hole detecting. my finds for the day are one real toasted KGII? and a almost toasted definite KGII (both coins had the same vdi reading and were 2 feet apart) a real cool early tombac type metal baby spoon bowl(not pewter).wish it was intact the spoon alone woulda made my find of the day.a fishing lure :shocked01: a few buttons & 2 musket balls.the last site gave up almost half a shoe buckle.then G found the other half and gave it to me.thanks G.then the last little piece i found to make a complete frame.was good to see Dan & George again and always a pleasure to hunt with them.thanks for a great day,happy new year!

PS George I was emptying my pouch and I'm like where did a spring come from? then i see a piece of the white tube in my bag that ya threw at me.good shot!

del
12-30-2013, 09:56 PM
great pictures ... the spoon would have been a great find all intact :yes: i see your coppers are as good as mine :lol: but its pretty rare to say you dug coppers after Christmas :groovy: love the shoe buckle Dave , George should of held out and ransomed that piece to you :rofl: great to have you guys down i was really hoping that first site would give up some goodies its always a "crapshoot" at what you get with a site you never been to. glad it worked out . thanks for coming down :notworthy:

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
12-30-2013, 10:23 PM
great pictures ... the spoon would have been a great find all intact :yes: i see your coppers are as good as mine :lol: but its pretty rare to say you dug coppers after Christmas :groovy: love the shoe buckle Dave , George should of held out and ransomed that piece to you :rofl: great to have you guys down i was really hoping that first site would give up some goodies its always a "crapshoot" at what you get with a site you never been to. glad it worked out . thanks for coming down :notworthy:

Dan
had a blast today.thanks again for having us.no worries about the sites having more goodies..we know all too well how that is.I think if we got to hit that site before all those trees came down It would have been more productive.hey...we all walked out with some keepers.Todd's knee buckle took the prize for the day though.sure was a pretty one.yeah bummer on the spoon.looks like a real early one at that.happy new year!

coinnut
12-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Was a great little hunt, but it went by too fast :yes: Once 4 PM hits, it starts to get dark. I think we all hit some decent targets. That first hole gave up a lot of coppers for the amount of area we were able to hunt. Nice seeing you guys. Until next year........:waving::detecting:

The Rebel
12-31-2013, 10:05 AM
WTG Dave to add to your count for the end of the year. That spoon bowl is a beaut. :thumbsup01:

aloldstuff
12-31-2013, 11:11 AM
nice additions to your collections. Shame about the spoon. Seeing that Todd was crowned King of the Coppers, I was wondering about the 2 KG's you got. Did you pass him on the total?????

coop
12-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Nice to be able to get out this time of year, Nice digs :thumbsup01:

Thiltzy
12-31-2013, 02:35 PM
A fishing lure and Killer Tree tape have got to be the finds of the day:hystericallaugh: Seems like the soil isn't to kind to copper but congrats on the two. You have until midnight to dig up 5 more .:cheesysmile:

OxShoeDrew
12-31-2013, 03:56 PM
Nice copper total Dave. I'm glad you guys were able to squeeze one more hunt in... best wishes for a happy new year. Drew

Lodge Scent
12-31-2013, 04:50 PM
Very cool. That little spoon as is, is a heck of a find. I wonder if an osprey might have grabbed the fish that had that lure stuck in it?

Timewarpdigger
12-31-2013, 08:53 PM
A target rich environment, you gotta love it. Congrats!!! Safe & HH

coinnut
01-01-2014, 12:43 AM
You have until midnight to dig up 5 more .:cheesysmile:

Not anymore :hystericallaugh: The trophy is safe with you!!!

Bell-Two
01-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Nice copper I really like the picture of it in the ground...lovely little spoon bowl too.