PDA

View Full Version : 1st two hunts of the year = rings #1 - #6 , silver

PL8MAN
01-05-2014, 06:20 PM
A new start to a new year !!! Got out yesterday and hunted with my son and friend Ryan at a local school field . We hunted for a good 3 hours and I found my first rings of the year . They were all just kids rings but I'll take them . My son found a cool large medal from VA Medical center in Palo Alto . He also found good amount of clad , $4.74 . I came away with $8.93 .The other good find was a toasty 1958D wheat cent .
This morning I hunted one of my favorite schools that always has something for me . The 5th target was a +86 at 3 inches , silver ring number one of the year ! It is a nice sized band . Then a good hour later I had a +76 at 7 inches and was happy to see another silver ring at the bottom of the hole . This one is a cool looking cat head ring with the tail making up the ring . Then I got a +47 just a foot away and it was another ring ! It's a kids ring with stars around it . Ring #6 for the year . Total clad from this morning was $14.80 !http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/images/smilies/grin.gif
HH
Glen

coinnut
01-05-2014, 06:25 PM
That's a fast start :shocked04: 6 rings and it isn't even the first full week of January :clapping: Way to go. Cool looking cat ring. Actually all the rings are nice looking.

Digger Don
01-05-2014, 06:39 PM
very nice rings. Great start for the new year.
What machine are you swinging?

Timewarpdigger
01-05-2014, 06:46 PM
A nice first to hunts of the year. Congrats hope the weather gets just a bit warmer here so I can start my first full year. Safe & HH

PL8MAN
01-05-2014, 08:03 PM
very nice rings. Great start for the new year.
What machine are you swinging?

I always use my MXT PRO , great machine !
Glen

jkress
01-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Wow!! Awesome start to the new year Glen!! :clapping:

Congrats on the first rings of your season. Great pictures and (as always) I'll be following your hunts this year. :popcorn:

aloldstuff
01-06-2014, 06:36 PM
January 6th and already you have 6 rings.....WTG. Keep it going.

skribnodsister
01-06-2014, 07:10 PM
:wow: Glen, way to start out the New Year! :groovy: I have a MXT Pro also, what an awesome machine! I usually use the shooter DD 4x6 coil. Just got a SEF 8x6 Butterfly coil last year, didn't get to try it yet. What type of coil do you use? :congrats: on those Silver Rings!

PL8MAN
01-07-2014, 11:34 AM
:wow: Glen, way to start out the New Year! :groovy: I have a MXT Pro also, what an awesome machine! I usually use the shooter DD 4x6 coil. Just got a SEF 8x6 Butterfly coil last year, didn't get to try it yet. What type of coil do you use? :congrats: on those Silver Rings!

I use the DD 6 x10 , love this coil !