PDA

View Full Version : Sunray Probe - Anyone Have Problems When Detecting In The Rain???

DugMoney
01-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Hey guys...I swing the Minelab safari, and use the sunray x-1 probe and was wondering, Has anyone ever had any problems with it when detecting in the rain?...I put a large sandwich bag over the control box, But I never covered the box for the probe.

Just wondering

coinnut
01-12-2014, 09:13 AM
I have one for the E trac and have used it in rain. You always take the chance of getting the insides wet, but so far I have not had any issues with it. I would avoid torrential rain though :lol: They make rain covers for the switch, but I have not looked for them recently. You could always just electrical tape around it as a quick fix.

Tony Two-Cent
01-12-2014, 10:53 AM
I have never had any problems with my Sun Ray X-1 probe in the rain. I don't hunt in the rain a lot, but I have hunted in a light rain a few times.

DugMoney
01-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys....I sometimes hunt in the light rain as well.....just wondered if anyone ever incountered problems.

Lodge Scent
01-15-2014, 06:52 PM
I've gotten mine pretty wet a few times without an issue. I did once get some mud up in the connector pins. Drove me crazy for a half hour trying to figure out what was wrong.