PDA

View Full Version : First Hunt of New Year with New coil

Timewarpdigger
01-12-2014, 08:34 PM
I had recently purchased two used coils from a AD member and finally got a chance to try one of them out today. Still trying to get used to how it works but don't feel I had to bad of a day. You can see the finds in the picture. I believe the badge is a kids toy. Was a little shocked when it first came out of the hole and I saw the shape, but then when I cleaned it off I realized what it was. The pin was on it but as I was cleaning it off it fell off. Dang! I also found about 5 lbs. of trash and did ok with clad, $4.15. The head stamp is a Rem-Umc 12 ga.
The weather was great and the ground actually was muddy. Found this hunt to be interesting due to the fact that I had never did a woods hunt yet. Did enjoy it and am looking forward to going again. Thanks, Safe & HH36535

del
01-12-2014, 09:02 PM
just never know what you find in them woods , thats a good start though

coinnut
01-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Woods hunting is relaxing and sometimes you stumble onto areas where you get a bunch of targets and then back to nothing. It's hit or miss. Looks like you got some nice relics to start the new year off.

pulltabsteve
01-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Glad you're getting some use out of those coils. I must have found about 7 of those sheriffs badges in the towns around you. There must have been a "sheriffs" convention back in the day!
Mike and I will be hitting out east either this weekend or next. Give me a call and we'll set something up.

Timewarpdigger
01-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Glad you're getting some use out of those coils. I must have found about 7 of those sheriffs badges in the towns around you. There must have been a "sheriffs" convention back in the day!
Mike and I will be hitting out east either this weekend or next. Give me a call and we'll set something up.

Hey what were you doing on my turf? LOL Will give you a call tomorrow after work. Hope you are doing better. Take care!!

jkress
01-15-2014, 12:39 AM
Some very nice beauties TWP! :smitten:

I'm glad to see you are putting your new coils to very good use. Let us know how the second one works out for you too. :popcorn: