PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLES HUNT WITH RON*OLD SILVER!

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-22-2010, 08:18 PM
the class ring crown was found yesterday(friday) next town over from me on a cellar hole trail.this site holes were left wide open.

sat morning Ron and i headed out at 7am to some spots a few towns over we found on the old maps.
first site gave up 3 lead soldiers in one hole :happydance01: WWI era i believe.
2nd site gave up a mini pocket spill of a 1864 IH(has a rotated die reverse) & a 1860 seated dime.
last we hit a small area in the town center in front of a small town church.some clad and then i got a nice 5 inch reading and out popped a 1853 three cent silver.
one of these sites someone was there yesterday or today as the dirt piles were still fresh and holes left wide open. :mad: but they missed stuff as you can see :teasing: i'd love to catch whoever is doing this :bop: :bop: :bop: :bop:
idiot whoever it was :bop:
have a great week all

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-22-2010, 08:20 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-22-2010, 08:22 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-22-2010, 08:23 PM
last pics

coinnut
05-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Hey good day for you lol Nice old silver. It's been a while since a 3 cent piece popped out! And what's with the toy soldiers? One looks like the Tin Man lol Some really nice finds there Dave. Set up a camera and catch that gopher that doesn't fill there holes :ticked:

Full Metal Digger
05-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Awesome finds! It really pains me to hear that someone is not covering their holes. I hope you catch them but they are probably not very nice people to begin with... The 3 toy soldiers are very nice. I see a Yank and a German, not sure about the one on the left though. Can't tell if he's wearing a Kaiser helmet or not.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Awesome finds! It really pains me to hear that someone is not covering their holes. I hope you catch them but they are probably not very nice people to begin with... The 3 toy soldiers are very nice. I see a Yank and a German, not sure about the one on the left though. Can't tell if he's wearing a Kaiser helmet or not.

thanks! yeah the one on the left is german too

angellionel
05-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Beautiful finds, Dave! That is some sweet old silver. Love the photos too. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-22-2010, 11:23 PM
thanks G and angel!

John M
05-23-2010, 06:13 AM
Nice 3 Center Dave.Some people just don't get it at all,even if you are miles in the woods you still fill in the holes.

sniffy
05-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Very nice hunt dave, it's a shame that people dont' cover there holes

del
05-23-2010, 03:11 PM
jeez Dave it takes my computer ten minutes to load up your post from all the pictures lol rofl lol :poke: :poke: very nice couple
of hunts ,man . congrats on the trime and silver seated thumbsup01 thumbsup01 the areas look very promising to say the least. hope your luck continues . are you sure the holes aren't from you previously and the squirrels or some other animal are comming
back after and digging them back up and looking for acorns or grubs , i've seen it happen first hand .if it is someone
doing this , give them a swift kick in the pants from me as well when you find'em. :boxing: :boxing:

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-23-2010, 05:07 PM
jeez Dave it takes my computer ten minutes to load up your post from all the pictures lol rofl lol :poke: :poke: very nice couple
of hunts ,man . congrats on the trime and silver seated thumbsup01 thumbsup01 the areas look very promising to say the least. hope your luck continues . are you sure the holes aren't from you previously and the squirrels or some other animal are comming
back after and digging them back up and looking for acorns or grubs , i've seen it happen first hand .if it is someone
doing this , give them a swift kick in the pants from me as well when you find'em. :boxing: :boxing:

Dan

thanks dan,
i talked with ron and we can bring you guys here if ya wanna come down.
no these were shovel dig holes.with target laying on pile or still in hole.we never been to these sites before.

milco
06-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Cool stuff, love that three cent piece!