PDA

View Full Version : Metal Detecting Game for Kindle

RobW
01-16-2014, 05:09 PM
My wife bought me a Kindle for X-mas, since I refuse to have a computer at home. I figured they have an app for everything. so I searched for a metal detecting game. They actually had one. It cost 99cents.

I guess it is hard to really figure how to make what we do a game for computers. I know Minelab has one for your phone,or did, I've never played it. This one is basically a overglorified, bit more complicated, version of Mine Sweeper. It gives you a few scenarios, such as park setting, woods, etc. And basically you move the character, you need sound, as you get near an object (penny, nickel, dime, quarter, silver ring, gold ring, pull tab) it starts to make a noise, and you grid the area where the noise is (this is where it is more like mine sweeper) higher pitched noises for dime/quarter vs. low for pull tab. It keeps track of your finds. Basically if you just move it over one space and go from top to bottom, or side to side....and grid...you find everything.

I played it a few times but was very bored with it. No real challenge.

Can't wait for spring for the real thing!!!!!

del
01-16-2014, 05:42 PM
sounds like the game needs something :thinkingabout::thinkingabout:...how about a overbearing smart-alec partner who will kick you when your down and likes to bust your stones at every chance app. :rofl::rofl:

Tony Two-Cent
01-16-2014, 05:50 PM
They could put a few hornets nests in there to make it more of a challenge. :thumbsup01:

NJJOSH
01-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Del you just made me laugh so hard. That was awesome lol

del
01-16-2014, 05:53 PM
They could put a few hornets nests in there to make it more of a challenge. :thumbsup01:

:coffeelaugh: Dave will love that comment Tony ;)

del
01-16-2014, 05:55 PM
Del you just made me laugh so hard. That was awesome lol

no problem Josh , these kinds of detecting partners are a lot of fun and laughs to be out with .

NJJOSH
01-16-2014, 06:03 PM
no problem Josh , these kinds of detecting partners are a lot of fun and laughs to be out with .

I know what there like lol… I'm in the process of searching for a new detecting partner. so when i do get out and find something you guys will have to bust my stones lol

coinnut
01-16-2014, 08:38 PM
Better find something good :devilish: ............. :lol:

RobW
01-17-2014, 08:12 AM
sounds like the game needs something :thinkingabout::thinkingabout:...how about a overbearing smart-alec partner who will kick you when your down and likes to bust your stones at every chance app. :rofl::rofl:

I think that would make it TOO REALISTIC!:lol: