PDA

View Full Version : On the board for 2014 with a BANG

RobW
01-17-2014, 08:46 AM
40 degree weather last weekend and I was foaming at the mouth to get out. I sent Tim a text message that I was leaving out early to go detecting and he was welcome to join me. He said he was coming whether his wife liked it or not...I think he's getting divorced now....:lol: There was still snow and ice on the ground in MA, so we headed south to CT. We were in completely unknown territory. I didn't care what I was detecting, just HAD to detect:detecting:. So I punched in parks near me on the GPS and started driving to them, once we hit an area that looked like we could dig. We checked out a few parks until we decided on one that looked promising. Could barely get our shovel into the ground...VERY frustrating.

On the way to this particular park was passed though an area that looked like it had some future promise, so we decided to scope it out a bit more. Without giving up too much info (as it IS in some other member's backyards) We came across a particular field that had a plaque denoting it's history, and appears to be "public" land. So we decided to give it a shot.

Digging was EXTREMELY frustrating. You'd get in easily for the first inch, then 3-4 inches of frozen ground, then after that was easy digging. However...I bent my relic shovel trying to dig!

After digging a lot of canslaw and trash, my back hurting, my hands freezing I started back across the field towards the car. Got a solid 12-46 hit. I said that it was going to be a good one. Tim came over to watch me dig. And what should POP out of the ground...an 1807 LC:happy:

We decided to stay a bit longer, needless to say. There were other diggable signals, but unless it was singing, I let them rest until spring...when I wouldn't mind digging a bit more trash, instead of breaking my back for canslaw. That was my only find...but definitely made the day!

The first pic, Tim took...and yes the second horrible pic I took....:lol:

RobW
01-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Trying to upload pics again...I can't figure out why they are ssssoooo small?????

Help? I ^&%&*%^&%^& hate technology and changes.......I'm getting too old before my time

coinnut
01-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Rob did you do some work on that picture like reduce or crop it? If so, do you still have the original picture unedited?? That picture is only 28x21 pixels :shocked04: I usually make mine 800 x 600 in the program I use. I'll try and raise yours, but I'm pretty sure there is not enough information left on that picture to enlarge it.

Bell-Two
01-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Well either the camera froze or that is the world's smallest "Large?" Cent :lol:

coinnut
01-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Well either the camera froze or that is the world's smallest "Large?" Cent :lol:

:lol: I'm pretty sure Rob is trying to pass off a zincoln for a large cent :thinkingabout:

RobW
01-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Wow...what a tough crowd:lol:

I did what I had to do with the old forum settings..... trying again...no modifications this time

RobW
01-17-2014, 11:13 AM
ARGH!!! It still didn't work!!!!

del
01-17-2014, 11:35 AM
lets face the inevitable Rob your just photographically challenged is all ;)

The Rebel
01-17-2014, 01:46 PM
WTG on a great find! So far we've been blessed w/o a lot of that white stuff but the ground is hard.

coinnut
01-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Something is automatically reducing that picture. You can't blow it up, or you just end up with a bunch of blocks:lol:

RobW
01-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Am I doing something wrong?

I go down to the bottom, where it says "Manage Attachments", click the "button" a new window pops up I hit browse, click on the file, then hit upload, then close window, then hit the submit button.....what am I doing wrong???????

And where did all of our frustrated icons go????

I don't like change...lol

coinnut
01-17-2014, 03:15 PM
I think somehow your picture was already reduced before you posted it. If you still have the picture on the camera, send it to me by e mail. If your camera has resolution settings it may have been accidently set to a low resolution like for news print. I can tell you more if I get the picture from your camera in it's raw form. When you save a picture to your computer, you can always right click on it and scroll down to "properties" and it will tell you the resolution there. That's what I did to the ones you have posted.

OxShoeDrew
01-17-2014, 03:32 PM
I thought I saw you in my back yard :lol: Nicely done!

RobW
01-17-2014, 03:45 PM
George, I checked the properties, it says 1.89 MB (1,986,560 bytes); 1280 pixels by 960 pixels. I didn't alter it before trying to post it.

I can't find your email address, thought I had it, pm me with it. Unless it's soon, I won't be back near a computer till Tuesday

Full Metal Digger
01-17-2014, 03:52 PM
I've seen these mini-coins before. Congrats on finding one! :shocked03:

coinnut
01-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Hey Rob, hopefully my e mail will take that file. It should. If you use Paint as a program or have the option to "open with" then choose Paint, click resize and then change from "percentage" to "pixels" and put in 800 on the top line, the bottom line automatically will adjust to 600. then hit "OK" Close out the picture and it will ask you if you want to save changes...say yes. then close it out again. it is now saved at 800x600 and the forum will post it just fine.

RobW
01-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Trying with George's advise

RobW
01-17-2014, 04:31 PM
%*%^%^&%$$%&$%$%...still didn't work!!!!!!

coinnut
01-17-2014, 04:40 PM
send it to me my friend :devilish:

RobW
01-17-2014, 04:42 PM
I already emailed them to you.........before I even tied to post again.

I'm getting out of the office...check in after the long weekend...hopefully I will get some time to get out.......

coinnut
01-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Ok, hope this works :crossfingers: I don't need any more challenges to my computer skills then I already have. :lol: Here are Robs pictures, I hope.

Did not work. :rofl:

Ok got one to work. Now the second one too.

del
01-17-2014, 05:16 PM
yup that second one is definitely a Rob picture :lol: , I can say this Rob your consistent ;)

coinnut
01-17-2014, 05:21 PM
At least we know it's not a zincoln ;)

Timewarpdigger
01-17-2014, 10:56 PM
Great find and congrats. Would definitely make any hunt worth while. Safe & HH

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-18-2014, 08:45 PM
squinting what is it?

RobW
01-21-2014, 08:18 AM
yup that second one is definitely a Rob picture :lol: , I can say this Rob your consistent ;)

:lol:.....yes, yes I am....:lol:

What was the issue George? Why wasn't it working? I don't want to rely on everyone's help in the future!

coinnut
01-21-2014, 09:13 AM
I'm not sure the exact issue. It may be that your file extension was a PNG. I converted to JPEG and reduced it but that did not work (and it should have), so I converted to GIF file but did not reduce the file and it worked. So it may be as simple as not reducing the file size and seeing if the forum does it for you. It may be that for some reason that some devices (like a phone) may not need any work done to the file size in order to post. Next time you use the same device to take a photo, just try and post it without any reducing and see what happens Rob. If it blows up the forum, it was Dan's advice :cheesysmile:

RobW
01-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Well....thank you for ALL of your help....once again

del
01-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Rob , its possible that the settings on your device has the files compressed already or you may have not knowingly set or reset it that way.

coinnut
01-21-2014, 07:44 PM
Rob , its possible that the settings on your device has the files compressed already or you may have not knowingly set or reset it that way.

The pics I got from Rob came by e mail which may have compressed them or reduced them so they could send easier. Just a guess.

aloldstuff
01-22-2014, 09:42 AM
glad to see that this mess is finally fixed. I was really saddened that Rob was now bringing Tim into his world of "worst photos". Great find there buddy. Can't wait to get out with the 2 of you again.

KCFindIt
01-24-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm sure glad you guys are computer/photography whizzes so I know who to ask when I'm in deep-poo. Don't feel bad, Rob, you aren't the only one needing assistance!