PDA

View Full Version : silver this morning

randy
05-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Was able to get out this morning for an hour an a half to an old school. Site has been pounded, and all I've ever found is a couple of wheats, but had a hunch about an area that may have been hit less, and managed to pull one silver and 2 wheats. Its seen better days, but silver is silver.

Ill Digger
05-23-2010, 12:52 PM
It may have seen better days....but I'd like to see just one some day lol
Sweet find!
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
05-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Nice Standing Liberty Randy. Even flat they are still one of the prettiest coins we made. I guess something was in the water back then lol All them coins were nice looking in the early part of the 1900's. I would love to see Indian Head pennies, Buffalos, Mercs, STQ, WLH and Morgans as standard coinage today. :drool: That will never happen, so I guess we have to dig them up. Nice hunt on a pounded area.

angellionel
05-23-2010, 04:51 PM
I'll take those beautiful Standing Liberty quarters - date or no date - anytime. That is a nice one, Randy. thumbsup01

randy
05-23-2010, 04:51 PM
I guess I should have waited til the end of the day to post my finds. The plan was to spend the afternoon shopping with my wife, but when that fell thru :happydance01: :happydance01:, I was able to get out for an afternoon hunt at my favorite silver site, and pull a few more silvers.

coinnut
05-23-2010, 04:54 PM
rofl Let's see..... :thinkingabout: shopping or metal detecting? lol I guess we all know the answer to that one. Congrats on your hunt. You finding all this silver at pounded sites with both machines? Your silver pile is growing :shocked04:

angellionel
05-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Sweet! :shocked04:stretcher: I would have done the same - go detecting, skip the shopping. lol Very nice hunts you had today. thumbsup01

randy
05-23-2010, 05:03 PM
You finding all this silver at pounded sites with both machines?

I don't think the second site has been hunted with a deep machine. All the surface junk and clad has been cleaned out, but 6 inches plus is pretty wide open. I don't really think the area's been used much since the 70s either, and somehow it escaped being pounded in the 80s I guess. Once it runs dry, I'll be struggling to pull silver, but enjoy it while it lasts.

Epi-hunter
05-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Wow, that is beautiful silver randy! Glad you got to detect instead of shop (and this coming from a female lol )

xzlr8n
05-23-2010, 05:47 PM
I hate shopping, unless it is for my toys and even then its hard to part with the money!! Looks like MD'ing is the more pleasurable activity especially when you find all the silver you did. I too like the SLQ, congrats on a great find. Merc's a sweet too!! thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01