PDA

View Full Version : Time To Quit This Hobby...

Vito
01-19-2014, 05:21 AM
Gday my friends.

Depending on new laws here think it's time to quit detecting. Will have to do some visits to the urban administration in the next future and then decide what to do.
I'll keep you updated.

Cheers

coinnut
01-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Are they passing laws against detecting? Time to elect new people.

Boulder
01-19-2014, 10:33 PM
​It's a shame that all hobby's are under attack in one way or another.
I used to find peace in hobby's whether it was shooting, fishing, camping, etc.
Today its no trespassing, private lands, permit's required, federal, state, and county sanctuary's, local ordinances and so on.
Unfortunately we all need to allot some of our hobby time which is minimal already to combat bad policy makers and targeted campaign's.
Clubs and organizations are helpful, but never underestimate the power of one person showing up to voice there opinion at a town meeting, writing letters to local, county and state rep's and committees.
I hope things get better and you stick with the hobby, but never give up trying to fight for your right's.
Good Luck, John :crossfingers:

giant056
01-20-2014, 05:04 AM
Sorry to hear that Vito, hopefully things will turn out for the better for you. :crossfingers:

Longhair
01-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Are they passing laws against detecting? Time to elect new people.Bugger is, that the democracy in Germany doesn't works quite like it does here in the States, and they are getting much more protective of their history than they ever used to.

Timewarpdigger
01-22-2014, 07:25 PM
Sorry to hear it but have heard from family that Ireland is really hard on detecting as well. Good luck! Safe & HH

Vito
02-01-2014, 02:09 AM
Thanks for all your sympathy.

Update:
Yesterday I visited the responsible authority and got advice to do a letter to the higher-level authority for permission. And so I did and now I've to wait for the answer.... permission or not, that's the question.

But while watching their web page I read this little sentence: Just sweeping a detector without permission makes you illegal. Digging or not, even on private property. That really sucks. And depending on the bad reputation given to detectorists in TV it is only a matter of time someone calls the cops on you.

Still waiting....

Keep you updated if I know more.

Vito
04-09-2014, 03:31 PM
UPDATE 04-09-2014

It was in the mail today... the Metal Detecting License. Wohoo.:cool::grin:

Feels like life comes back.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

KCFindIt
04-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Awesome, good for you. WTG. Time to get back at it and show and tell.

Full Metal Digger
04-09-2014, 03:56 PM
That's good news. Now get out there and find some treasure! Dave.

Tony Two-Cent
04-09-2014, 04:01 PM
UPDATE 04-09-2014

That's great news, Vito! :happy:

I bet you are anxious to get out there and find some good stuff! And you can do so with a relaxed mind now since you have an official Metal Detecting License!

Happy Hunting! :thumbsup02:

Tom
04-09-2014, 04:35 PM
UPDATE 04-09-2014

Good for you! :thumbsup01:
What country are you from?

POKIE73
04-09-2014, 05:32 PM
hearing stories like this makes you glad that we live where we do everybody right tho you have to stay on your toes here too its a different world now good luck hunting now that you have that license dennis

pulltabsteve
04-09-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm happy for you Vito. Glad this worked out well.:clapping:

Longhair
04-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Excellent! Good news indeed!
I sure am glad that they approved you for your license. I've heard that they really come down on poachers hard.

GL & HH!!

giant056
04-10-2014, 04:53 AM
That is fantastic Vito :thumbsup02:

MangoAve
04-10-2014, 06:17 AM
Good news, but what don't you need a license for these days? The worst thing is not filling in holes, but is that a reason to segregate who can and cannot dig? (Obvi if taking artifacts from the ground was the real issue, there would be NO licenses provided). Gotta shake your head sometimes, But lucky you can still get out to MD.

KCFindIt
04-10-2014, 08:55 AM
The thing that I shake my head about is that, if the reason for dis-allowing metal detecting is because of the historical artifact relevance, then those supposed artifacts, if there are any, are going to be left in the ground to rot away, and NO ONE will be able to enjoy them, as if they aren't even there. So allow the digs and everyone or at least someone, can enjoy them!

MangoAve
04-10-2014, 09:35 AM
I agree to that too KC, as in reference to why do archeolgists have a grudge against MD'ng. They themselves use MDs in the field of study. Do they expect to find the artifacts and learn after there has been a chance for atrifacts to oxidize back into the soil? Does everything found really belong in a museum, or just the important things? I think, one shoe buckle, but not 1000. As I learned in time, just as the CEO for the yoga pants who got in trouble for his comment realized, one size doesn't fit all. There will always be someone disagreeing, with MD'ng, and with everything else.

Fire Fighter 43
04-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Good news Vito, good luck with your hunts and. I'm looking forward to seeing all your great finds.

Vito
05-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Thank you very much for all your replies.

@Tom: Germany; Kreis Recklinghausen. And the license is for the whole Kreis. And that is a lot of land to hunt. :hystericallaugh: https://maps.google.de/maps?q=kreis-recklinghausen&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x47b8fb7e8dbd16cd:0xd097df6bc4680cdc,Reckli nghausen&gl=de&ei=hYZvU56JKsGF4gSjhYGADA&sqi=2&ved=0CIEBELYDMA0

Good Luck to All of you and Happy Hunting.

ODA 226
05-12-2014, 04:45 AM
Vito,
What is this "licence" to Metal Detect in Germany? I'm in the Weiden in der Oberfaltz area and I've never heard of such a thing. Can you give more details about this as it will affect many of us that MD in Germany. Or is this only in Kreis Reckinghausen?

Vito
05-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Vito,
What is this "licence" to Metal Detect in Germany? I'm in the Weiden in der Oberfaltz area and I've never heard of such a thing. Can you give more details about this as it will affect many of us that MD in Germany. Or is this only in Kreis Reckinghausen?

G'day Oda,
Weiden is a city in the Oberpfalz and depends to the land Bavaria; and Bavaria has it's own law. They still have it as a english pdf-file.
--> http://www.blfd.bayern.de/medien/dsg_eng_2009.pdf

Think for you it is interesting to read from III.ARCHEOLOGICAL MONUMENTS.

What I would do to be legal is to visit the Untere Denkmalschutzbehörde. The web-site
--> http://www.weiden.de/wen/verwaltung/bauen_wohnen/denkmalschutz.php
shows that Mrs. Jutta Häusler is responsible for this area.

Abteilung Bauen und Wohnen
Untere Denkmalschutzbehörde
Dr.-Pfleger-Strasse 15
2nd Floor, Room 2.04
92637 Weiden
Phone: 0961 816303

Give her a call to fix a date and then explain her you wish to metal detect and what permissions/license is needed to become a legal detectorist.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting

leslie(nova scotia)
05-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Man the situation in your country sucks bigtime....I'm on a pet banning frenzy due to the amount of what one finds in this area....sad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheap Thrills
05-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Vito , it's good to hear you will be legally able to hunt .Best of luck to you .

Vito
05-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Thanks, Bro. Nice dogs you have there. All the Best to You and Yours.

Cheap Thrills
05-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks, Bro. Nice dogs you have there. All the Best to You and Yours.

Thanks Vito , and the best to you and yours as well . It's great to hear Bronco is doing much better .