PDA

View Full Version : Last Hunt Of 2013

jkress
01-22-2014, 04:12 AM
It all started with a phone call from my hunting buddy the evening of 11/21/13. I picked up the phone and Ron was
on the other end asking if I wanted to try one more time Friday morning before frozen ground in Iowa?? :yes:

Unfortunately I had work and couldn't go on the out of town hunting trip. :crying01: ... but he got me thinking. :thinkingabout:

- I could spare a little bit of time... two hours at most. Ron went his way and I snuck up, in late afternoon to the park closest to me.

Long story short, I noticed a patch of woods just outside the park that looked flat. No old trees, just many 40/50 year olds. So in I
went to investigate.
A Wheat Cent showed up quickly, then another , then a Buffalo and a silver Rosie! :yahoo: I picked up another silver dime before I had to leave.

Definitely good 'pay dirt'.

That evening Ron called to let me know how he did. He picked up more silver to bring him to 97 for the year. Of course I couldn't
let him sit just three away from 100. So I suggested we try one more time in the woods. :yes:

• From Ron's earlier post -

However one question remains, did the pink gloves bring him any luck? :lol:

The pink gloves did work for me!

Only two goals for the day were;
1 - Don't get hit by an arrow from a deer hunter. (These woods are open to bow hunting this time of year)
2 - Get Ron over three more silver coins.

• No arrows in me!!
• Ron found his 100th Silver Coin!!

The pink gloves worked. :beerbuddy:

del
01-22-2014, 05:28 AM
the Indian head nickle looks great and has super detail Joe :clapping: congrats on the silver rosies too and getting Ron his goal of silver coins for the year must of made him a happy guy.:thumbsup02:

giant056
01-22-2014, 06:06 AM
Excellent last hunt of the year for sure and always great to end a year with silver :thumbsup02:

................................................. :congrats:

coinnut
01-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Way to go on sneaking out some time to detect :thumbsup01: You have to take it while you can. Nice of you to help Ron get to that magic number. Now we wait for spring :daydream:

aloldstuff
01-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Great looking buff and :congrats:on getting Ron to 100 silvers. Fantastic way to end the year

Digger Don
01-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Very nice looking coins
Congrats

Tony Two-Cent
01-22-2014, 02:43 PM
That does it, I'm going to have to try out the pink gloves that Ron gave me! :lol:

Congrats on the Rosies and the nice looking Buffalo, Joe! :clapping:

And kudos to you for helping Ron get 100 silvers! :happy:

I bet there are more goodies in that wooded area! :thumbsup01:

Timewarpdigger
01-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Congrats on the finds and the buff looks great!! Safe & HH

Cheap Thrills
01-22-2014, 11:55 PM
A great way to finish the year !

dave in iowa
01-23-2014, 12:01 AM
good year Joe , best of luck in the new season