PDA

View Full Version : Photos not apearing

lenjsr
01-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Hello, fairly new to the forum, many of the posts have a attachment paperclip and the images are not visible. I do not know how to view the attachments :confused:

del
01-22-2014, 07:29 PM
what browser are you currently using on your computer lenjsr ??

Epi-hunter
01-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Hello and welcome :) If you are logged in and still not able to view the photos, it may be because you are using an older version of internet explorer that is not compatible with this software. In particular, version 8 of Internet Explorer causes problems with viewing photos.

You should be able to update the browser for free, or you can use Firefox or other browsers to view the photos.

coinnut
01-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Hello and welcome :) If you are logged in and still not able to view the photos, it may be because you are using an older version of internet explorer that is not compatible with this software. In particular, version 8 of Internet Explorer causes problems with viewing photos.

You should be able to update the browser for free, or you can use Firefox or other browsers to view the photos.

Internet Explorer 11 isn't so hot with it either :lol:

Tony Two-Cent
01-22-2014, 09:57 PM
Internet Explorer 11 isn't so hot with it either :lol:

Yeah, I had this same problem too after the forum conversion, I couldn't see the photos on any version of Internet Explorer. I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and use it for pretty much everything now. The forum works perfectly on it.

Epi-hunter
01-22-2014, 10:02 PM
Weird.... I have IE 11 and it works fine. :confused:

Tony Two-Cent
01-22-2014, 10:09 PM
Let me correct myself, I have IE 8 which is the latest version that is compatible with Windows XP. The photos on the forum did not show up when using IE 7 or IE 8. You can't use any version of IE beyond 8 with Windows XP.

coinnut
01-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Weird.... I have IE 11 and it works fine. :confused:

Mine says - Version 11.0.9600.16476 and below it - Updated Version 11.0.2 I have heard good things about Firefox and will probably change over soon.

Epi-hunter
01-22-2014, 10:42 PM
IE 8 didn't work for me in terms of viewing the photos but 10 and 11 have been fine. From information regarding this software and others' experience, IE 8 is the version with the issues (and 7 too from what you said Tony).

I used IE only to test though - Firefox is a far superior browser in my opinion