PDA

View Full Version : AT Pro

fireman109
01-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Hey I'm new to the forum and also new to the great hobby of metal detecting. I started out with the garrett Ace 350 and recently ordered (getting it tomorrow) the Garrett AT Pro. just wondering what the seasoned detectorist think about the AT Pro and any tips about the machine would be greatly appreciated.

del
01-22-2014, 08:48 PM
Welcome to the forum Fireman109 , i've heard nothing but good things about the AT pro . there are a few who use this detector that i'm sure will chime in . Best of luck with it and glad you found and joined the forum.

Dan

fireman109
01-22-2014, 08:51 PM
Thanks so much for the input Dan. Just trying to learn all i can about my new machine and my new found hobby!

POKIE73
01-22-2014, 09:10 PM
there are quite a few that really like the at pro the people here on this forum that use one can tell you a lot i like the waterproof capabilitys but i have never used one but i did have a feeind that did and he liked it dennis

Epi-hunter
01-22-2014, 09:11 PM
Welcome! There are quite a few folks here who use the AT Pro. I'm sure you will love it. Glad you found us :thumbsup01:

Digger Don
01-22-2014, 09:59 PM
Welcome from northern Illinois.
I also use the ATP. It's a great machine, you are going to truly enjoy it.
It will take some time to get used to it, but you will learn more and do better every time you use it.
HH & good luck

aloldstuff
01-23-2014, 12:52 PM
great choice on getting the AT Pro, seen some great finds posted here by people using that machine. Looking forward to your future hunts and finds

Skamaniac
01-23-2014, 09:33 PM
I've got the AT Pro. Garrett has some nice AT Pro beginner videos that helped me figure the unit out faster than just reading the booklet. I really like it.

Timewarpdigger
01-23-2014, 09:50 PM
Welcome and good luck with your new toy. Just give it some time and will get used to it. Safe & HH

KCFindIt
01-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Welcome aboard, Fireman109. I'm new too, but a month or so older than you (to this forum). I am also new to MDetecting and am madly crazy about it. I live in NEastern Georgia, neighbor. I hunt as often as ever possible which is about every day, and learn something new each time. Always waiting for that next beep! Good luck with your new hobby and can't wait to see and hear about your finds.
Kasey

buck57
01-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Hey, welcome fireman 109. I started detecting two years ago and started with the AT Pro. I looked a bit before making the plunged, but glad I did. I was looking for one that would do a variety of terrain, and this machine does it. I started off in the fields and creeks in Missouri, did a couple of weeks in Scotland, and now, since moving to Florida, working the beaches and salt water. It's water proof to 10 feet and fairly easy to learn, as what Skamaniac mentioned above, they do have training videos available. I think you won't be disappointed. Good hunting to ya, Eric

Ronandari
01-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Welcome Fireman. Lots of folks use the atp here on the forum and I am sure you will find a lot of useful info as well as some great people.

Ron

fireman109
01-25-2014, 03:56 PM
thanks for all your input. Been out once with it because the ground is absolutely frozen here in nc. A lot different than my ace 350 but I'm learning.

tanacat
01-25-2014, 09:43 PM
Welcome from Kentucky! Some friends I relic hunt with both use ATPro and have amazing success. Hope to see what you find-after the thaw :lol:

Fire Fighter 43
01-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the forum and the hobby from SE Wisconsin. It is good to welcome a fellow Fire Fighter to the forum. Good luck with your new machine and this season.