PDA

View Full Version : Any Input Would Be Greatly Appreciated!!

fireman109
01-22-2014, 08:48 PM
Hey I'm new to the forum and also new to the great hobby of metal detecting. I started out with the garrett Ace 350 and recently ordered (getting it tomorrow) the Garrett AT Pro. just wondering what the seasoned detectorist think about the AT Pro and any tips about the machine would be greatly appreciated.

coinnut
01-22-2014, 10:17 PM
I'm not from your area, but starting in the library searching old county maps or newspapers is a good start. Another great resource is talking to older residence in town. They can usually tell you where the old county fair was, church gatherings, picnic areas along the river, etc.... Most times they may even get you permission to hunt some of these sites. Be creative in where you feel the treasures may lie...trust your eyes and instincts :yes:

giant056
01-23-2014, 10:42 AM
The AT Pro is a great machine from what I've heard, there's a lot of people out there having really good luck with them.

OxShoeDrew
01-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Another great resource is talking to older residence in town. They can usually tell you where the old county fair was, church gatherings, picnic areas along the river, etc.... Most times they may even get you permission to hunt some of these sites.:yes:...and George IS an older resident now, so he knows. :lol:

The AT Pro seems like the ace350 with the added VDI. I think you have a nice machine there. I liked my 350...and would probs be using the ATpro now if it were slightly more balanced. I'm a weakling and every pound counts.

fireman109
01-25-2014, 04:29 PM
Hey thanks so much. Great ideas there. Ill try it. Wish me luck!!

ODA 226
01-27-2014, 04:55 AM
The AT Pro is is a very versatile machine. Great choice!