PDA

View Full Version : Brand New AT Pro

fireman109
01-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Hey I'm new to the forum and also new to the great hobby of metal detecting. I started out with the garrett Ace 350 and recently ordered (getting it tomorrow) the Garrett AT Pro. just wondering what the seasoned detectorist think about the AT Pro and any tips about the machine would be greatly appreciated.

Skamaniac
01-23-2014, 11:20 PM
I've got the AT Pro. I recommend watching the Garrett videos on their website. There are some good starter tutorials there. Easier learning for me than reading the manual over and over.

fireman109
01-25-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks a ton shamanic. Going to give that a try

scootergirl
02-25-2014, 07:34 PM
My DH just bought his and mine is coming hopefully tomorrow - how do you like it so far? I'm looking forward to the thaw - we've still go quite a bit of snow on the ground here.

giant056
02-26-2014, 11:14 AM
I know several people that are having great success with theirs :thumbsup01:

Digger Don
02-27-2014, 07:58 PM
The ATP is a great machine. Your going to love it.
Just get out there and start swinging, you'll pick it up in no time
HH

smeigs
03-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Hey fireman.. I am no seasoned pro by any means but I have been using my AT pro for over a year now.. Amazing machine. Takes a little getting used to with some things (just like any machine) but it is an AMAZING coin shooter thats for sure. Just curious if you are a fireman? If so, where at? Im a firefighter here in Albuquerque.

Power Guy
06-27-2014, 09:45 PM
I use the AT Pro. When you are just starting out, place some targets in your yard and get use to the sound that the detector makes. Also look at the numbers that are shown. Start off in standard mode a
then move on to Pro mode.It may take a little while to learn the detector but when you do, you will love this detector.