PDA

View Full Version : Failed Detecting Attempt

freemindstuck
01-27-2014, 01:13 AM
It was about 50 degrees out today in Iowa. The ground still being frozen I've been hunting wooded areas and chopping targets out of the ground with a hatchet. I decided to go to a school site that I have to drive down a few dirt roads which in Iowa are marked with signs that read, "Class B Minimum Maintenance Road - Enter At Your Own Risk". I had been down these roads two days ago with no problem and so thinking that I wouldn't have a problem today. I was cruising along in my four wheel drive pickup when I hit a bad spot and spun out raking the side of my truck with tree branches and breaking out my tail light. Having no where to turn around due to steep banks and ditches the road just got worse from there. It was the dirt road from hell! I guess there was ice under that sloppy dirt and I consider myself incredibly lucky that I didn't have to walk 5 miles out to the main road. Feeling a little guilty having tore the road up, scratched my pickup from end the end, broke my tail light, and unbelievably muddying my truck up. I decided to call it quits and go home. The worst part is I absolutely can't wait till the next time I can go out detecting.

del
01-27-2014, 03:31 AM
:interesting: .... damaged the truck :shocked05::wow: made it out though :cheering::clapping: and the last part about can't wait to get out next time :lol::lol:

i hope :crossfingers: it goes a lot smoother next time :yes:

ODA 226
01-27-2014, 04:54 AM
Look at this as a great excuse to buy a Jeep! :lolsign:

coinnut
01-27-2014, 02:07 PM
Ouch:hairpulling: Glad you didn't total the truck :yes: We all do these kind of things every once in a while...that is why they call it an addiction. Normally you would not do these things, but the lure of that Mercury dime gets the best of you :lol: