PDA

View Full Version : The Rest Of The Story

Bell-Two
01-27-2014, 03:36 PM
This is a followup of the Unearthing Family History post.

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/showthread.php?14605-Unearthing-Family-History

I am very happy to say that we are glad that we could make this happen :)

Tony,

The token arrived today. We were very excited. And very grateful. While I'll never know if my Grandfather actually touched that particular token, or how it eventually ended up in your area, it is a part of my family history. The Ingle itself is the only physical piece of evidence that I have of his store. I have a few tales of all night poker games in the back of the store from my Grandmother, and now I have the story of the couple from Ohio that dug it up, shared the story of the find, and their spirit of generosity that gave it to his family.

I will keep you abreast of any new information that I find on my Grandfather or his store. Hopefully, I'll find out if there truly is a connection between him and Jack "Doc" Kearns, and if that was him in the photo with my Grandfather.

Thank you again, Tony. And as promised, I'm including a photo of myself with his token.

Sincerely,

Jack

P.S. I have a 30 year old son that will inherit the token when I'm gone. He carries the Bly (Bley) name, and he knows the story about how it came to be in our possession.

del
01-27-2014, 04:01 PM
really loved the rest of this , its a great finish to the story Tony and again your act of kindness by returning the token was truly commendable sir :notworthy:

Ronandari
01-27-2014, 04:02 PM
Very nice work Tony on a great find and restoring it to its rightful place. :clapping:

Ron

coinnut
01-27-2014, 05:19 PM
That is the best story I have read in a while.:clapping::clapping::clapping: That token means a lot more to them than it would just sitting along side all the other tokens in a box. Nice story Tony :perfect10:

Timewarpdigger
01-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Great job and well done. You have brought great joy to a family and there future generations. Safe & HH

The Rebel
01-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Tony that is an AWESOME conclusion! Can't wait to see what further info he is able to turn up.

OxShoeDrew
01-28-2014, 07:04 PM
What a great story! :daydream:
Thanks!

Lodge Scent
01-28-2014, 09:01 PM
Pretty darn cool !

Ill Digger
01-28-2014, 11:28 PM
Way to go the extra mile Tony! If anyone would do it, it'd be you. :clapping:
Your a good man! He and his family will truly cherish it.

George seems to always say it the best.
I can't say it any better.

That token means a lot more to them than it would just sitting along side all the other tokens in a box. Nice story Tony :perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
01-29-2014, 09:40 AM
It's stories like this that make a person proud to be involved in this hobby. Clearly you have made the recipient of the token very happy.

Kudos to you for making this happen, Tony! :clapping: