PDA

View Full Version : I got a hunt in today!!

OxShoeDrew
01-27-2014, 05:56 PM
The temp hit 39 today so I changed after school and headed out. :cheesysmile:
Tonight is going to get back down to zero :(
I went to a pine grove with just enough snow to tell me where I've been :yes:

Does anyone know how to protect that wood that is still in the sulky/carriage cap?

The play money 5 cent is not date-able :lol: My other ones actually have dates on them...1950s
Thanks!

Lodge Scent
01-27-2014, 07:19 PM
Nice for you to squeeze in a hunt Drew. Some good digs too. There are all kinds of chemicals you can use but I've read soaking wood artifacts in a sugar solution for a few days works well.

Timewarpdigger
01-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Congrats on the finds and the fact that you were able to get out today. Safe & HH

Longhair
01-27-2014, 11:54 PM
Great finds for a cold day Drew!

The forecast here doesn't show us getting up to freezing for at least another two weeks. It's -8°f here right now, and the snow is deep enough to be work just getting around in it.

del
01-28-2014, 05:33 AM
hey Drew congrats on sneaking out and grabbing some goodies .

Bell-Two
01-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Well it was -12 this morning with 6" of snow on the ground so to see that someone got out makes me happy :detecting:it is supposed to get up to 42 Saturday but there will be snowpack till mid Feb. probably. That buckle is sweet!

coinnut
01-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Drew, pretty soon you will be skipping school to detect :hystericallaugh: Nice, quick fix and some goodies too :thumbsup01:

The Rebel
01-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Glad to see someone in CT was able to get out. Man I'm jonsin big time. Congratz on the finds!

del
01-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Drew, pretty soon you will be skipping school to detect :hystericallaugh:

:coffeelaugh::lolsign::lolsign:

Glad to see someone in CT was able to get out. Man I'm jonsin big time. Congratz on the finds!

you and me both Roger :overreaction:

OxShoeDrew
01-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Thanks Jeff, I soaked it all day.

Thanks everyone, not much of a hunt but better than being in Michigan or Ohio :lol:

RobW
01-29-2014, 10:12 AM
A small hunt is better than no hunt at all! You still managed some keepers:thumbsup01:

Oh to be young again and have little responsibility....like work...it's ok...your time will come...enjoy it while you can:lol:

OxShoeDrew
01-29-2014, 02:02 PM
A small hunt is better than no hunt at all! You still managed some keepers:thumbsup01:

Oh to be young again and have little responsibility....like work...it's ok...your time will come...enjoy it while you can:lol: :rofl: I've been teaching 30 yrs, have three grown kids...and NO HAIR! :hystericallaugh: I do, however, have less responsibilities now...but only because they don't allow me to do anything anymore.

RobW
01-29-2014, 03:39 PM
:rofl:...you know what they say to ass-u-me.......I was putting school together with.....and figured you were in your mid-20's. I guess that Todd is still the youngster...even though his finds put most of us to shame......

skribnodsister
01-30-2014, 07:12 PM
Nice finds Drew! To hit 39 degrees here would be like a heat wave! :hystericallaugh: Congrats on your finds!

aloldstuff
02-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Very nice recoveries for a hunt you snuck in. By the way let me know if you need a note to get out early from school. Don't take to heart what Rob said about old time ailments, he is so young but his ailments are about to catch up with him....:devilish: