PDA

View Full Version : banned in Buffalo ??

del
01-29-2014, 03:16 PM
another municipality thinking about banning the hobby
http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/erie-county/erie-county-considers-restricting-use-of-metal-detectors-20130921

RobW
01-29-2014, 03:46 PM
:girlcry:....it's not fair

coinnut
01-29-2014, 05:08 PM
I think the best way is to replace the people who make those calls, with people who will allow it. Get local people to inundate his office and put it on the line for him. Write that law and we will campaign to replace you. It's not just detectorist that are losing their rights, it's anyone that uses the park. I remember for a while there was a place that would not allow anyone on the grass in some spots. They are making parks these pristine little gardens. The exact opposite of what a park should be.

Timewarpdigger
01-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Not a surprise it is New York isn't it? Then they wonder why people are leaving the state in droves. I guess the chosen few want this so they can have it for themselves. Looking forward to getting out myself, only have 9 years to go to retirement and I am out of here. safe & HH

chief5709
01-30-2014, 05:42 AM
I've detected most of these parks with my Brother-in-law who lives just south of Buffalo. I've only seen one time where there was another detectorist out there besides us. The pix in the article is obviously from a organized hunt and probably gives the general public the idea that there are that many people out detecting in these parks every day.

whammy
02-03-2014, 06:41 PM
I've detected many of the parks here in central N.Y. and never had a problem. I once was asked to leave a baseball field, and as I walked out, was asked to find the pipes used for the bases. After finding them, I was told it was o.k. to stay. Ya just never know.