PDA

View Full Version : Saturday was holey day*cellar hole hunt with todd

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-01-2014, 08:03 PM
After Artic temps for the last 2 weeks finally felt like a spring day with temps in the high 30's.
Todd scooped me up & we headed out to a couple sites that we been wanting to get to since last year.
Come to find out last night from Dan that these sites the boys were at 2 weeks ago :shocked01: Dan,George,Drew & Brandon.
Well we decided to give it a go and see what trinkets they left us :grin:
we found the trashy site and didn't last there long :hystericallaugh: steel cans,motor oil cans,beer cans,a old iron bed just to name a few of the frustrations.
we decided to go up the trail and head down to the big hole set way back off the rd. but on the corner Todd noticed some walls so,we ventured in to peek.I saw a small rectangular foundation type of structure then todd yells Dave cellar hole back here.didn't see any dig holes so,we know those guys weren't at this one 2 weeks ago.nabbed a couple button and a double holed KGIII.this site was hit pretty good so,we wandered down to the one where they got some older coins.they only left us a couple of buttons.thanks fella's! :thumbsup02:

del
02-01-2014, 08:19 PM
we don't leave much do we :lol:

that George III had a lot of detail left can you get a date from it ?? we actually hit the one in from the corner years ago but didn't spend the usual all day there ( just a few hours) did you guys ever make it down to the other area you talked about ??

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-01-2014, 08:40 PM
we don't leave much do we :lol:

that George III had a lot of detail left can you get a date from it ?? we actually hit the one in from the corner years ago but didn't spend the usual all day there ( just a few hours) did you guys ever make it down to the other area you talked about ??
no date Dan.no we never made it to the other sites.just focused on the corner site and your old coin site.Did the corner site give up any coins last time there? was pretty quiet at the corrner site so,you guys cleaned it up pretty good as well.
the KGIII rang up like 58 VDI

del
02-01-2014, 08:46 PM
no date Dan.no we never made it to the other sites.just focused on the corner site and your old coin site.Did the corner site give up any coins last time there? was pretty quiet at the corrner site so,you guys cleaned it up pretty good as well.
the KGIII rang up like 58 VDI

the corner site gave up a few coins and relics , how did Todd do ??

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-01-2014, 08:50 PM
the corner site gave up a few coins and relics , how did Todd do ??
the corner site is a older one.Todd got a chape,few buttons a thimble at corner site.2 Ih's & 2 wheaties spill on the road and a few buttons at old coin site.not a bad day but not a great day either

del
02-01-2014, 08:54 PM
the corner site is a older one.Todd got a chape,few buttons a thimble at corner site.2 Ih's & 2 wheaties spill on the road and a few buttons at old coin site.not a bad day but not a great day either

George is going to be upset he missed those wheaties :lol::lol:

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-01-2014, 08:59 PM
George is going to be upset he missed those wheaties :lol::lol:
lol yeah! I figured he'd have that road all cleaned up! 4 penny spill.2 IH's 2 wheaties.he needs a white's!

Timewarpdigger
02-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Congrats on the finds. Glad to here you were able to get out. Safe & HH

aloldstuff
02-02-2014, 07:09 AM
Nice finds. Glad to see you and Todd hitting those cellar holes. I know what it is to follow someone, in my case Angel. The buttons look like some of them have some gold gilt left and :congrats:on your 2nd copper

The Rebel
02-02-2014, 08:38 AM
WTG Dave. I've been dying to get out myself. How deep was the frost layer?

Bell-Two
02-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Always good to get out this time of year. I don't recall seeing a two holed KG before have seen a dug two holed Large Cents though. Whizzer? Nice buttons too....it's all good! :lol:

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Always good to get out this time of year. I don't recall seeing a two holed KG before have seen a dug two holed Large Cents though. Whizzer? Nice buttons too....it's all good! :lol:
thanks Tony! yeah i'd say whizzer or whirligig.

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-02-2014, 11:20 AM
WTG Dave. I've been dying to get out myself. How deep was the frost layer?
frost wasn't an issue in the woods but it took Todd about a half hour to dig his 4 coin penny spill in the dirt Road lol

RobW
02-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Still looks like a pretty good day of hunting:thumbsup01:

Lodge Scent
02-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Nice job sniffing that copper out.

coinnut
02-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Nice copper with the big hoop earing and the Rudolph nose :hystericallaugh:strategically placed holes ;) Too bad for the holes, that Geo III is one of the nicer looking ones. Still coming up here raiding our spots aye?:pirate: Maybe Dan and I will pay you a visit :devilish:

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Nice copper with the big hoop earing and the Rudolph nose :hystericallaugh:strategically placed holes ;) Too bad for the holes, that Geo III is one of the nicer looking ones. Still coming up here raiding our spots aye?:pirate: Maybe Dan and I will pay you a visit :devilish:
coming up? it was south east bucko and we are not border jumpers like you Mr.Massamachoosetts :hystericallaugh:
and who woulda known that this was popular in the 1700's too!

coinnut
02-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Hey, you cut your hair :hystericallaugh: You look good in hoops! :loveit:.