PDA

View Full Version : Developed a Problem With My AT Pro

ODA 226
02-05-2014, 09:20 AM
My AT Pro works fine when set to Standard mode, but when I flip it to "Pro" mode, the machine goes crazy (Beeping, buzzing, ringing and my readings go from 0 to 99). Any ideas of what could be causing this?

coinnut
02-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Sounds like sensitivity is too high. It would take more info to figure out what is wrong. Are you indoors or outdoors, are you near power lines or military installations (even miles away)? I don't have that machine, so these are just basic things that can affect any machine. Someone that has the AT Pro should be able to help you better.

ODA 226
02-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Even with the sensitivity down 3 or 4 notches, I still get this. No power lines, though Grafenwoehr Army Base is 12 miles away. I can turn the sensitivity up all the way on standard while on base and there is no interference.

coinnut
02-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Is the coil cable tight? Do you have another coil to try?? That would rule out the coil if another coil has the same problem. I'm thinking it's a coil issue but it could be the machine itself. I would try and rule out the coil first, or just call Garrett. They will probably have you ship it back. Maybe they can have the dealer you bought it from exchange it. Keep us posted on what it ends up being

ODA 226
02-05-2014, 02:32 PM
I have three different coils and have the same problem when using all of them. Standard=Fine. Pro=Hurting ears!

coinnut
02-05-2014, 06:30 PM
I would definitely call either the dealer or Garrett. They should make it right for you. Testing 3 different coils pretty much rules out coils :lol: Sounds like something in the unit does not like the boost mode. I don't know if they can be calibrated, but it sounds like it is way off. Could just be a software issue too. I would send it in after a call to them.

Gaspipe101
02-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Sent in mine last week for very similar issues. Seems to be a disturbingly common issue.

WaterWalker
02-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Have you tried a Factory Reset...Per the manual page 53.

In the event you encounter problems with your
AT Pro
detector please read through this Owner’s Manual carefully to
ensure the detector is not inoperable due to misadjustments.
Press and hold the power pushbutton for 5 seconds to return
to the factory settings.

firstring
02-23-2014, 10:25 AM
My AT Pro works fine when set to Standard mode, but when I flip it to "Pro" mode, the machine goes crazy (Beeping, buzzing, ringing and my readings go from 0 to 99). Any ideas of what could be causing this?

Ideas what could be causing this - Using a coil cover? (Take it off) Water/debris trapped between cover and coil? You say it is sealed...don't bet on it. A pinhole is all it takes. I'm in agreement with WaterWalker on trying the factory reset. Use those presets for testing purposes. There is a major audio difference between Standard Mode and Pro Mode. Refer to Page 50 of Owners Manual for other ideas. I've got an older AT Pro and all coils made for it by Garrett. I never had any issues with it or any coils.