PDA

View Full Version : My Park hunt

KCFindIt
02-05-2014, 02:35 PM
I went to the local Parks and Recreation Park today, in hopes of picking up a little clad. I've been there before and have had a good day. However, while hunting in the picnic area and along the SIDES of the soccer field, on a previous day, one of the park's workers came over and told me it was ok, but not to go onto the soccer field itself. No problem. (A bummer, since this is where the crowds gather for the 4th of July fireworks). So today, I was swinging away, and the parks truck pulled up, with 2 guys, one was the "patrolman" from last trip. They proceed to inform me that one of their good friends had lost his wedding ring on the soccer field over the weekend and invited me to go look for it. Man was I excited. In less than 2 hrs of meandering over the soccer field, I found the wedding ring!!! Made my day. I quickly found my way to the guys who gave me the info, and was happy to return the ring. I was able to pick up a pocketful of clad off the soccer field, as well. They took my name and number and I told them to call me anytime someone loses something, 'cause I really love to find and return stuff to it's rightful owner. My "feel good" story for the year!

Tony Two-Cent
02-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Hey, way to go! That's awesome! :groovy:

It gives a person such a good feeling to be able to return an item to its rightful owner. Kudos to you for making someone's day!

:perfect10:

coinnut
02-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Whew!!! I thought this was going to be another "hey you can't detect here" story :lol: Nice job and now you have two new friends in all the right places :clapping:

Timewarpdigger
02-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Congrats and a find well done!!! :thumbsup02: Safe & HH

Digger Don
02-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Good for you. I'm glad that you made somebody's day.
Not to mention giving Metal detecting a good rep at your park
Congrats

Skamaniac
02-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Great story! Glad you could help them out. Thanks for making us all look good.

KCFindIt
02-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Whew!!! I thought this was going to be another "hey you can't detect here" story :lol: Nice job and now you have two new friends in all the right places :clapping: You are so right on both accounts. I was cursing under my breath, thinking they were gonna run me off. Then I jumped for joy when they asked me to look for the ring, and when I returned it to them, they got very interested in my machine, and became my "best bud", in a business kinda way. I'm thrilled.

KCFindIt
02-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Great story! Glad you could help them out. Thanks for making us all look good.Thank you all, for being my great mentors!

aloldstuff
02-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Great day of detecting. You made some friends and got to return a ring....:congrats:. Kudos for spreading the good will about our hobby.

RobW
02-06-2014, 04:30 PM
That's a win/win! Now maybe you can get a bit more acess

KCFindIt
02-06-2014, 07:36 PM
That's a win/win! Now maybe you can get a bit more acess That is the 2nd best thing about this incident: gaining access and earning trust.

tanacat
02-07-2014, 08:40 AM
I love stories like this- especially with a great ending! :happydance01:

Did you feel guilty digging clad (or did you) when it was an obvious surface search? When I'm looking for someone's ring/jewelry I sometimes feel guilty digging deeper silver signals (when they're standing there watching in anticipation to find theirs on the surface) So I learned to just tell people up front- no I don't want any money if I find it, just let me search & keep any older silver coins I find. And I don't mean to be rude but please don't stand over my back watching... :cheesysmile: Actually I've never said that part but would like to... :lol:

KCFindIt
02-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Tanacat, I didn't feel guilty digging the clad, but fact was, I didn't spend much time digging for clad, because I was sooo excited to have the opportunity to use my hobby for something meaningful for someone else. (I only stopped for clad if it was an 89 or 90 (Quarter) or a dime within an inch of surface.) It was the first 'real' opportunity to put my efforts to good use. And it paid off, in my mind. Those park employee guys, who, btw, did not stick around over top of me, will welcome my presence when I go back there. And after the 4th of July, I'm planning to be all over that field, after the huge crowds gather for the fireworks.