PDA

View Full Version : Anybody on the fence about getting a Deus?

SilverDon
02-09-2014, 02:13 PM
You need to see this video! He works at Big Boys and has access to many high performance machines! He has done many highly education videos on a multitude of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7L5QaomC2U&list=TLAIx_v1R5VL2yMG2p-HKJZLbKbSbBR_ej

giant056
02-10-2014, 07:37 AM
If I had money coming out of my ears I would give one a go just to try it.

Willems
04-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Yes i have the Deus for 2 years now and i love it!!!

GreenHat
04-01-2014, 01:28 PM
I JUST started MDing and JUST got my first detector an AT PRO a few weeks ago and I love the thing but.. my upgrade next year WILL be a Deus. That thing is what a 21st Century metal detector should be. I just hope they make the controller waterproof before I get one. Saw one guy had dropped his in a creek SMH.. there's some jangle gone. Keep posting videos though so am motivated to put my beer money away for one.

Willems
04-02-2014, 11:04 AM
I JUST started MDing and JUST got my first detector an AT PRO a few weeks ago and I love the thing but.. my upgrade next year WILL be a Deus. That thing is what a 21st Century metal detector should be. I just hope they make the controller waterproof before I get one. Saw one guy had dropped his in a creek SMH.. there's some jangle gone. Keep posting videos though so am motivated to put my beer money away for one.

Good luck with your hunts.
Greetings from Holland.

mark@ukdetectingrallies
05-09-2014, 01:29 PM
I have a Deus, fantastic machine :thumbsup02:

coop
05-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Ive owned a ton of high end machines and the deus is my favorite!!!!!!! Its amazing in iron!!!!! and super deep

54shooter
05-15-2014, 07:49 PM
I traded my Etrac and AT Pro for one. I've got a lot to learn but I love it so far!! I had just started feeling comfortable with the Etrac to.

Moresound
07-09-2014, 10:20 AM
I just picked up a used one with all three coils with arm shafts and three wireless headphones!

I vercually got three XP's for the price of a used one!

:thumbsup02:

msheron
07-29-2014, 07:20 AM
I have to admit this thing intrigues me. First, I am new to md'ing and really can not justify such an expense at this point in this hobby. I have a Garrett ACE350 which I will use and think to be a great machine for the time and future. I am going to wait and see how the Deus works out and gets consumer reviews. I have to admit it is very inviting and I love the most modern electronics and gadgetry.

Time will tell for sure but I do like no cords and lines to tangle up for sure.

Restoring Your Finds
07-30-2014, 02:57 AM
What can I say... It's French, buy one ! LOL

More seriously, a lot of my friends here in France have it and they would not trade it back for any machine.

Now, they sometimes talk about some downsides like the fact there is a battery for the coil. (If I understood correctly) Apparently, this battery does not last forever and you then may purchase a new one. That can be expensive. Also, the connection to recharge the coil battery sometimes break and that can also be expensive to fix. There sometimes has been issues with the updates too. Now, every detector has its downsides. So far, everybody agrees on the fact the Deus is a great machine.

I also have had the opportunity to talk to Alain Loubet, the guy who created XP and who owns the company and he happens to be a great guy. But that, is just a bonus !

msheron
07-30-2014, 07:30 AM
What can I say... It's French, buy one ! LOL

More seriously, a lot of my friends here in France have it and they would not trade it back for any machine.

Now, they sometimes talk about some downsides like the fact there is a battery for the coil. (If I understood correctly) Apparently, this battery does not last forever and you then may purchase a new one. That can be expensive. Also, the connection to recharge the coil battery sometimes break and that can also be expensive to fix. There sometimes has been issues with the updates too. Now, every detector has its downsides. So far, everybody agrees on the fact the Deus is a great machine.

I also have had the opportunity to talk to Alain Loubet, the guy who created XP and who owns the company and he happens to be a great guy. But that, is just a bonus !

Precisely the things I am waiting for them to correct over time before I invest. Let others take the plunge now and when the complaints roll in on a new product and the company does a few years revamping is when I usually take the plunge. But great to hear that folks love them and the owner to be a great guy.:)

I will give them a another year of two before I buy and maybe they will have those issues somewhat worked out.

Big Boys Hobbies
09-09-2014, 01:31 PM
That is our video! Awesome detector huh? Best iron and trash machine I have ever used! Holler for questions or special forum deals! ;) We have more on the XP DEUS on our site!

http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/xp-deus-metal-detector

ironarmknives
09-26-2014, 07:07 AM
i'm looking now i just sold my ctx3030 "didn't live up to the Hipe " i have a v3i i love it and a excalibur for water and i love it but want something for the motorbike…. small yet powerful i think you could put the controller in a waterproof case for them rain days like three in san diego LOL i have the money just sitting in paypal waiting for some one to sell them three coils and wireless headphones set ….. soon i hope and i sure hope it lives up better than the ctx did…. i mean it worked ok but nothing like the best machine ever i read about……

Big Boys Hobbies
10-01-2014, 08:56 AM
i'm looking now i just sold my ctx3030 "didn't live up to the Hipe " i have a v3i i love it and a excalibur for water and i love it but want something for the motorbike…. small yet powerful i think you could put the controller in a waterproof case for them rain days like three in san diego LOL i have the money just sitting in paypal waiting for some one to sell them three coils and wireless headphones set ….. soon i hope and i sure hope it lives up better than the ctx did…. i mean it worked ok but nothing like the best machine ever i read about……

Holler if you need help or have questions. Be sure to mention this forum for a great deal on one! ;)

I LOVE the XP!

Big Boys Hobbies
10-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Dont forget the $100 coupon for XP accessories on top of the special forum deal we give! ;)

Dentron20
10-31-2014, 11:33 AM
Sorry, I don`t put much stock in movies. They are like fishing shows, the moment that hook hits the water, bam! they got a ten pound fish.......right.

I called a fellow a few of weeks ago and told him I was in the market for a new machine but I explained that I didn`t want to spend a bunch of cash. Well he started right in trying to pressure me into buying an XP Deus. Long story short, I purchased a Safari from somebody else. Is the Deus a better machine? For the amount of money they are asking, it should be. But the bottom line is that I didn`t have $1400 plus to spend on a detector.

msheron
11-14-2014, 01:16 PM
Is the Deus a better machine? For the amount of money they are asking, it should be. But the bottom line is that I didn`t have $1400 plus to spend on a detector.

There are plenty of fine machines for sure that do not require you to lay down $1800 plus. I was more intrigued by the totally wireless; great warranty; customer support here in the USA; and ability to customize or write your own programs!

I am somewhat a gadget nerd to a degree. I shopped all over and finally found a dealer that sells store display models for $250 off a new unit with full warranty and the latest firmware installed. I could not resist the calling.

I will say this.........I perceived the machine as being quite intimidating for sure. But I read the manual and Andy's book and just took the unit out to begin learning the tones and the nuiances of the machine. So far I am happy. Does the Deus fit everyone..............heck no. I was teetering on a Garrett AT Pro but have a ACE 350 and figured I would venture out a bit and see what other companies offer.

Hopefully this machine once I log some hours will start producing but then again I am reminded, you can't find treasure where treasure does not exist!