PDA

View Full Version : I had to get out

pulltabsteve
02-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Very rarely do I detect the beaches, but being a Long Islander and surrounded by water and beaches and also considering that every other place around here has a foot of snow and ice..... Well, you get the idea.

I decided the only place to dig would possibly be the beach. I headed over to a very local beach, about 15 minutes away, and walked down to the water. The sand wasn't frozen so I stayed for about 45 minutes. I didn't find anything worth my while but had a great time being out digging again.

Next week it is supposed to be in the 40s so hopefully we can get a little bit of a thaw in.

Have a great week everyone!

del
02-09-2014, 02:24 PM
looks like a nice day out there Steve , I don't blame you a bit . Cabin fever is the worst and starting to set in with over a foot of snow on the ground here.

Timewarpdigger
02-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Good to see that you were able to get out. Haven't had to many chances myself. When things thaw a bit more will get in touch so we can put a dig together. Safe & HH

OxShoeDrew
02-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Steve, I didn't realize you ran a Whites. Pretty soon we'll be back in the dirt.

pulltabsteve
02-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Steve, I didn't realize you ran a Whites. Pretty soon we'll be back in the dirt.
I used the Whites M6 for 6 years before I bought the Etrac. Just recently sold the Etrac so Im back with the M6 for now.

giant056
02-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Steve I envy you finding some ground to detect, there's absolutely no bare ground with no less than a couple feet of snow on top anywhere around here. Glad you were able to help cure that cabin fever :thumbsup01:

coinnut
02-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Just the fact that you can dig feels good :daydream: I'm forgetting what it feels like to detect. :crying02:

The Rebel
02-09-2014, 08:41 PM
It always feels good to get out. I'm a woods guy but I HAD to get out today so I did the same as you. It's snowin yet again as I write this...:girlcry:

buck57
02-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Hey Steve, that white stuff up on that beach doesn't look like the stuff we got here in FL. :rofl: Just kidding. Good on ya for getting out. Nice getting out, rain or shine, freezing or hot, with scenery like that, every hunt you come out a winner.