PDA

View Full Version : 2nd post this forum

DCKJohn
02-09-2014, 07:32 PM
36917:cool:Hi All just wanted to say that Relic hunting is my favorite hunting to do and just wanted to show my Relic finds from last year then when I'm able Ill get out and Relic hunt and find some goodies this year when the snow stops and the ground thaws :lol: hears some Pics Good Luck HH by the way that Pic of the coins in the front of this post dont know what I did but cant get it off if thats by chance my forum Pic can someone tell me how to take it off and put one that I want there instead thanks Computer rookie

del
02-09-2014, 07:44 PM
:wow: look at all the eagle buttons , "round ball" and minnies. you lucky dog John you must have a fort or outpost nearby. congrats on them fine relics , love the U.S. bit boss:smitten:

coinnut
02-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Hey John, what a nice bunch of relics :shocked04: Love the buttons, and lead. Do you think them musket balls were in a canister (or case) shot by any chance. Some of them seem flattened like they came out of a canister? I had found a bunch of them in a small circumference and they were probably fired from a swivel cannon from the river. As for the picture, I can try and remove it if you want. And if you want to make an Avatar, just go to the top right of this page and hit settings, then on the left hand side find "Edit Avatar" then fill in Custom Avatar and select option 2 if you want to grab a picture from your picture library (or any place where you keep all your pictures). Try that and see what happens.

Timewarpdigger
02-09-2014, 08:14 PM
:shocked03: Nice finds, and it looks like you had some success last year, hope it continues into the new year. Safe & HH

aloldstuff
02-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Great looking pile of relics. The bit boss is cool and so is all that lead. Eagle buttons everywhere. Are the two items in the bottom left of the picture knapsack hooks?

Bell-Two
02-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Bunch of nice relics there!

giant056
02-10-2014, 05:28 AM
Fantastic bunch of relics for sure :thumbsup01:

NJJOSH
02-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Love the relics looks like you have pretty good spots to go. keep up the great work and keep the posts coming EVERYONE lol HH

DCKJohn
02-10-2014, 11:56 AM
:waving: Hey coinnut thanks for the info you would think after all these years Iwould get this computer stuff down electronics is not my thing guess you would say I can barely work my sell phone :lol: thanks you know them musket balls could be fired from A cannon canister found them in the same area about 20 feet in diameter good thinking you do alto of Relic hunting around your area where I hunt is in fields around 3 known forts that are next to the river once again thanks for your help have A Great Year HH:detecting:

DCKJohn
02-10-2014, 12:06 PM
:waving: Hey there aloldstuff yea those two items at the bottom left are I think knapsack hooks about all Ive herd there used for unless someone else has knowledge of something they might be used for you have A Great year good luck send Pics of your finds HH:detecting:

coinnut
02-10-2014, 02:09 PM
John, We do mostly relic hunting here. But I would never turn down a good house site or old park :lol: Del and I also do some work with archaeologists and that is where the canister shot idea came from. I found 12 rounds flattened in the same way near the river on a war of 1812 project we were working on. This season we are back to doing the Pequot Wars for a bit.

HEAVYMETALNUT
02-10-2014, 07:44 PM
what a haul! i'd like to dig a pit boss or a breast plate one of these days