PDA

View Full Version : Headphones?

Ole # 7
02-12-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm very new to detecting, and I've found some Garrett Master sound headphones for 20 bucks. They look like they're in good shape. Are they decent headphones?

coinnut
02-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Any headphones are a gamble, even the expensive ones. If they are in decent shape and they fit nice, I would get them. They can always be a backup pair. I don't have any experience with those particular ones.

del
02-12-2014, 02:49 PM
while the sound and performance of the headphones do matter to a lot , a bigger concern is their comfort . the longer you detect it will be clear to get the most comfortable one that don't "mash" your ears against your head:lol:. they all fit everybody a little differently so its more of a personal matter as far as gear goes. my choice are the Grey ghosts .

to answer your question , i'd say are they very comfortable ??

Dan

Tony Two-Cent
02-12-2014, 03:18 PM
While the sound and performance of the headphones do matter to a lot, a bigger concern is their comfort.

I agree with Dan 100% on this. Comfort is the most important feature of any set of headphones. :thumbsup01:

KCFindIt
02-13-2014, 01:35 PM
I had read that wireless headphones could have a delay. Does anyone know if that is so, and if not, any recommendations on a brand?

del
02-13-2014, 02:30 PM
KCFingIt i believe the Whites and Minelab wireless have no delay or one that is noticeable but i'm not sure on some of the aftermarket ones .

Dan

Longhair
02-13-2014, 03:20 PM
If you want to go wireless, look for a set of TDK WR700 phones. They employ "KLEER TECHNOLOGY" which has no disearnable lag.
Sennheiser RS160 phones work too, but they tend to be more expensive and they use an unnecessarily large transmitter.

Bluetooth lag horribly, and FM just plain sucks.

KCFindIt
02-13-2014, 03:26 PM
so is it safe to say that most headphones used are NOT wireless? I am currently using wired earbuds, but it can be cumbersome in the woods where there is briars and other brush and limbs. and I've stood up and yanked the darn things out of my ears or worse, broke the wires altogether.

coinnut
02-13-2014, 04:07 PM
so is it safe to say that most headphones used are NOT wireless? I am currently using wired earbuds, but it can be cumbersome in the woods where there is briars and other brush and limbs. and I've stood up and yanked the darn things out of my ears or worse, broke the wires altogether.

Yes most headphones are wired. There is a huge difference with wireless ones. I did not want the lag and am lucky that my machine now is wireless (at least from my machine). I still have a wire from the headphones to a unit that clips on me. But it is really nice to lay your machine down and walk away from it. :smitten:

Longhair
02-13-2014, 04:43 PM
But it is really nice to lay your machine down and walk away from it. :smitten:Nice to be able to lay the machine down and stand up to dig too!
I went wireless a few years ago with the no longer available Auvio 33-283 phones (I have three sets), and I'll never go wired again on land.

coinnut
02-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Nice to be able to lay the machine down and stand up to dig too!
I went wireless a few years ago with the no longer available Auvio 33-283 phones (I have three sets), and I'll never go wired again on land.

So you're the guy who kept outbidding me on the Auvios :lol: I tried to win them a bunch of times on e bay :ticked:

giant056
02-13-2014, 05:18 PM
I would like having a lighter weight pair of cordless myself for the hot weather. They're out there but the ones that I've seen available are mighty pricey

giant056
02-13-2014, 05:39 PM
I just did a little more looking and there seems to be another pair of cordless that are good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLdhaTloADs

Longhair
02-13-2014, 05:46 PM
So you're the guy who kept outbidding me on the Auvios :lol: I tried to win them a bunch of times on e bay :ticked::rofl: You must be a real cheapskate (more than me), because I don't think I paid over $35/set when I bought them.
I can squeeze a nickel 'til the buffalo......well, you know. :hystericallaugh:

POKIE73
02-13-2014, 05:51 PM
i also use the avios if you can find them they are great for the e trac dennis

coinnut
02-13-2014, 06:06 PM
:rofl: You must be a real cheapskate (more than me), because I don't think I paid over $35/set when I bought them.
I can squeeze a nickel 'til the buffalo......well, you know. :hystericallaugh:

Wow I wish I was bidding against you.:lol: Then they would sitting on my E Trac :thumbsup01:

Longhair
02-13-2014, 06:52 PM
I just did a little more looking and there seems to be another pair of cordless that are good.I've heard that the higher end Rapoo's work well, but their price is approaching what you can score TDK's for.