PDA

View Full Version : Quick Album Question

BTV Digger
02-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Hi folks,

Quick question on albums. I created a new album today (uploaded the photos etc) and it all shows up fine. However, when I click on the pics, they appear very tiny. I re-sized all the originals to 800 x 534 pixels to keep the size within reason. Not sure why they don't appear bigger when you click on them like others' albums. Any thoughts? Probably something quite simple. Thanks in advance for your help.

BTV Digger

del
02-17-2014, 12:44 PM
what kind of files are they BTV Digger , jpeg or other ??

BTV Digger
02-17-2014, 12:54 PM
what kind of files are they BTV Digger , jpeg or other ??

Hi del,

I saved them as .png's for the higher quality. Could that be the issue?

del
02-17-2014, 01:56 PM
it might , i know that when you load the larger files to the album they automatically shrink them a bit , try a normal sized file . see if its any better .

coinnut
02-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Yes, try and just load one without reducing the picture and see if it converts on it's own. I reduced my Avatar when I first posted it, and I needed a magnifying glass to see it :lol: I just reloaded it without doing anything and it worked. Maybe the same for the album.

Epi-hunter
02-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Hi folks,

Quick question on albums. I created a new album today (uploaded the photos etc) and it all shows up fine. However, when I click on the pics, they appear very tiny. I re-sized all the originals to 800 x 534 pixels to keep the size within reason. Not sure why they don't appear bigger when you click on them like others' albums. Any thoughts? Probably something quite simple. Thanks in advance for your help.

BTV Digger

Hi BTV Digger, sorry you are having problems. The .png file size limit was set very low (basically to avatar or thumbnail size). I increased it. Please try uploading one of your original photos again and see if this helps. Let us know if you are still having problems - we will get it fixed!

BTV Digger
02-18-2014, 08:14 AM
Hi BTV Digger, sorry you are having problems. The .png file size limit was set very low (basically to avatar or thumbnail size). I increased it. Please try uploading one of your original photos again and see if this helps. Let us know if you are still having problems - we will get it fixed!

OK thanks for your help. Seems like a simple fix. I'll play around a bit with it, shouldn't be too hard to fix.

BTV Digger

BTV Digger
02-18-2014, 08:16 AM
Yes, try and just load one without reducing the picture and see if it converts on it's own. I reduced my Avatar when I first posted it, and I needed a magnifying glass to see it :lol: I just reloaded it without doing anything and it worked. Maybe the same for the album.

OK, thanks and good info. Little quirks you have to learn here and there but not a big problem.

BTV Digger

BTV Digger
02-18-2014, 08:46 AM
OK thanks for your help. Seems like a simple fix. I'll play around a bit with it, shouldn't be too hard to fix.

BTV Digger

Followup. Deleted the entire album and just reuploaded the re-sized .pngs and they look great! Thanks for changing the .png settings Epi-hunter.

Regards,

BTV Digger

del
02-18-2014, 03:53 PM
hey my eyes don't hurt trying to see them now :lol:
they look much better now BTV Digger