PDA

View Full Version : More jewelry than junk.

Ronandari
02-21-2014, 09:29 PM
I went to the county fairgrounds today since the snow has melted. It was a windy muddy mess but it felt good to be out. I am trying out the new Etrac today and got off to a good start. I only dug one beavertail pulltab and managed to pull out a 10k ladies Bulova watch 1949 Goddess of time model non working. Two silver pins and some costume jewelry. I thought I had something pretty special when I found the ring but it is nothing. I also found my first round ball and 56 cents in clad. Not a bad day for my first go with the Etrac.

NJJOSH
02-22-2014, 08:27 AM
It looks like you had a great day especially for learning a new machine. Keep up the great work and the finds coming!

giant056
02-22-2014, 08:41 AM
You had a fantastic day for sure :thumbsup01: nice score on the GOLD !

.............................. :congrats:

aloldstuff
02-22-2014, 09:51 AM
1st day with the Etrac.....excellent. Love the watch

Digger Don
02-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Great job Ron, Some nice stuff there, especially the gold watch. I can't wait to get out and use mine for the first time.
Unfortunately, we are still buried in snow and the ground is still frozen solid.
KEEP ON:detecting::detecting:

Ronandari
02-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks All. I don't get to find gold too often so this was a real treat. :happy:

Ronandari
02-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Great job Ron, Some nice stuff there, especially the gold watch. I can't wait to get out and use mine for the first time.
Unfortunately, we are still buried in snow and the ground is still frozen solid.
KEEP ON:detecting::detecting:

I hope you get out soon Don. You will love the new machine, it really picks up silver well.

coinnut
02-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Nice job sniffing out those relics. Silver is always a welcomed sight, but the other items are fun to find too. I think you did very well just learning a new machine.:congrats:

Ronandari
02-22-2014, 04:26 PM
And here are the finds from the same spot today. Pulled a nice little 61 Rosie and a 1939 2Franc coin. Also dug up a couple of rings. The jade one had me going till I got it home since I could make out 12k when I dug it. After cleaning I could 12kGF Bummer. I think that I found the matching earring to the other ring last year. The Clerks Mechanical pencil is also Gold filled but it does work. The fairgrounds is a pretty good place to hunt. They have antique sales there one weekend a month in the summer so you never know what you will find.

Timewarpdigger
02-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Congrats on the finds and the new detector. Safe & HH

PL8MAN
02-22-2014, 08:41 PM
Cool finds !

KCFindIt
02-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Very nice lot of cool stuff. The fairgrounds is one of my favorite places to go, when I'm not in the fields near home. I've never been quite as fortunate to find the mix that you have. I did, however, find a pile of pennies, about 48, all within the same 2 ft radius. (I bet some carnival worker dropped a roll and didn't see or bother to pick them up!)