PDA

View Full Version : The old excitement!

kray
02-22-2014, 11:40 PM
Do you remember when you got your first machine and couldn't wait to go digging? Every time you got a new lead you were so excited and couldn't sleep that night? And what usually happened? It didn't turn out as planned.
Well, fast forward 15 years or so and I've got a new lead and I'm a bit excited. It's a farm that I dug at two weeks ago and found nothing but I'm going back tomorrow. It's huge and we barely touched it. It's right outside of Warrenton, Virginia, a very very busy Civil War town. Probably won't find anything ( don't want to jinx myself) but it's still great to be so excited. Wish me luck!!
(Sorry for those of you still under snow. Ours just melted and we will be in the 60s!)

Ray in Va.

del
02-23-2014, 12:18 AM
yeah , I would be excited too Ray :yahoo:I wish you the best :crossfingers:

Skamaniac
02-23-2014, 12:48 AM
Hope you find something cool!

Digger Don
02-23-2014, 12:56 AM
Best of luck to you

giant056
02-23-2014, 02:43 AM
Anticipation :thumbsup02:

....:congrats:

Ronandari
02-23-2014, 08:15 AM
I hope that you were able to get some sleep last night. Sometimes the excitement can keep me tossing and turning :shocked03: looking forward to seeing some of your finds cause it sounds like you have a super place to hunt.

Ron

KCFindIt
02-23-2014, 08:18 AM
I understand your sheer excitement. I guess, being "young" at this hobby has afforded me that same sense of excitement, each and every time I head out! Hope your hunt doesn't disappoint!

coinnut
02-23-2014, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't sleep either :lol: Sounds like a great place to save some history.:clapping: Finds may be sparse at first, but you will find the hot spots in the fields that will produce. Hope the fields are in a route into the town. Any fields are good fields to have some fun detecting.

slvrsrchr
02-23-2014, 09:26 AM
my wife refers to my anticipation of going digging to "his inner child" showing through! I know exactly what you're talking about.........my first signal on my first machine (just over a year a go) was a clad dime, wow-that was neat. I can only imagine what its like to be able to hunt an area where the Civil War was, while I do live in a great state with lots of history, nothing compared to the history in your areas-Good Luck to you......!

Timewarpdigger
02-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Good luck on your hunt. Safe & HH

whammy
02-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Good luck out there. Hope you find lots of keepers.

aloldstuff
02-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Hope it pans out well for you. Looking forward to your future posts as most of us are still snow bound.

RobW
02-24-2014, 01:50 PM
First machine..second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth....and I still get that way......:grin:

Good luck!

scootergirl
02-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Sounds very exciting and I'm looking forward to seeing how it turned out.

kray
02-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Thanks everyone for all of the good luck wishes. It truly is family-like here.
Well, it was pretty much a repeat of the hunt two or three weeks ago. Nothing! Very disappointing. I kept telling myself that it could be worse. The weather was great, the best since last fall, and the scenery was beautiful. The site just looked like it should have been oozing relics! But nothing, nada. We spent 25 man-hours there over two hunts. That's 1500 minutes! The only relic that came out of there was literally on the second minute of the first day, and it was found by a newbie! Oh well, I can't wait to hit it again! There's got to be a hot spot somewhere.

Thiltzy
02-25-2014, 08:13 AM
You just never know Ray. Any spot could be productive but at least you were able to do some swinging. I am envious for that. I have cabin fever now, its been almost a full month since my last hunt. I'm itching.

will penny
02-28-2014, 09:20 PM

del
03-01-2014, 05:04 AM
Thanks everyone for all of the good luck wishes. It truly is family-like here.
Well, it was pretty much a repeat of the hunt two or three weeks ago. Nothing! Very disappointing. I kept telling myself that it could be worse. The weather was great, the best since last fall, and the scenery was beautiful. The site just looked like it should have been oozing relics! But nothing, nada. We spent 25 man-hours there over two hunts. That's 1500 minutes! The only relic that came out of there was literally on the second minute of the first day, and it was found by a newbie! Oh well, I can't wait to hit it again! There's got to be a hot spot somewhere.

Ray , we have those hunts out here as well , you know you've unfortunately been on a couple with us. The site looks great and just screams old relics and after a long hunt very little is found. Hope you do well next time out Ray. :crossfingers:

Bell-Two
03-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Well until you get out you can't find anything :lol: that is what is always the real thing for me, the anticipation of what may be found. Well tell all of us weather bound diggers if you find something good and "tell it real sloooww" :lolsign: