PDA

View Full Version : Which detector of the two?

Wrecks24
02-27-2014, 03:02 AM
Hello all,

I am just about to buy a new detector. I am stuck between two models right now. The Fisher F5 and the Tesoro Vaquero.

I need some guidance on which detector would be the better of the two. VID is not a requirement for me.

I will mainly be using the detector to coin shoot and my fathers field, that used to be a confederate camp during the civil war. I want a machine that will do both fairly well, as I dont want to miss anything good.

I currently have a bounty hunter tracker IV and I know that either of these detectors will be an updgrade.

I would like the experts (you guys) to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

will penny
02-27-2014, 04:29 AM
No one can give you an answer on this one. Pick a forum and read the post pertaining to each machine and then decide for yourself. Post a couple of threads on different forums asking if anyone lives near you who uses these 2 machines and see if they will take you out so you can see for yourself which one is better....Better to drive an hour or so to do this than spend $$$$$ and be sorry....You will make a new friend or better yet, others who enjoy the hobby.....37153

Wrecks24
02-27-2014, 04:45 AM
Sadly, I am currently stationed overseas and there are not a lot of dealers or metal detectorists in Italy, but thanks for your reply

del
02-27-2014, 07:28 AM
Hey Wrecks24 both machines have pros and cons , do a lot of online reading about the two , what their coil selections are both manufacturer and after market ones.Its unfortunate but one machine won't do it all yet.

Dan

coinnut
02-27-2014, 08:26 AM
My advice is to go to You Tube and look at videos of both of those machines. They probably will end up closely matched in performance once you factor in EMI, soil mineralization, coil size, etc... The key is to see which one you are most comfortable using. By listening to the machines in the videos, you may get a better idea of what you like and do not like. I firmly believe you must enjoy your machine in order to trust it and learn from it. Just my two cents.

Timewarpdigger
02-27-2014, 07:40 PM
I just started this hobby in May of last year and I can tell you that there are several good machines out there. I decided to do my own research by deciding what type of detecting I was interested in doing, then looked at what I could afford. I purchased a mid-ranged priced machine and I do have to say that I am very happy with my choice. The versatility of the machine I chose and the success that I have had in detecting beaches and land with this machine has been very rewarding. So all I can say is take your time, do your homework and it will payoff. Safe & HH

hunter12
02-28-2014, 09:46 AM
You can't go wrong with any Tesoro machine, Easy to use , light weight, Life time warranty, great service.But the other guys are right, get info on the machines your interested in, read forums, watch vidieos. thank you for your service.good luck.

giant056
03-02-2014, 08:08 AM
One of these days I might buy me one of the Tesoro's, I've heard a lot of great things about them and really love the idea of a lifetime warranty :grin: