PDA

View Full Version : Potato camp

pulltabsteve
02-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Typed a nice long post. Hit a button by mistake and its gone... :needadrink:

Anyway, here's the condensed version.;)

On Sunday Mike and I headed out looking for a camp that used to house potato pickers in the late 1700s to early 1800s. We had a map supplied by a local old timer who said he worked the farm with his father and was told of the camp and had been in it.

We headed out and after a 90 minute hike in muddy fields that we sank down to our shins, we hadn't found it. It was a good workout for the old ticker! We found an old international and a bottle pit. The old timer said we were close. We'll be back when the land dries up a little.

Tomorrow we are supposed to hunt a local private field that had a general store on the property in 1911. It going to be 9 degrees. :bummer:

coinnut
02-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Should have checked your boots....you may have pulled a coin up in all that mud :lol: I hate losing the text that I write, I do it a lot :rolleyes: Good luck tomorrow and when you do find the first site.

giant056
02-28-2014, 09:20 AM
The best of luck on your return there Steve, should be interesting what you find there :thumbsup01:

Timewarpdigger
02-28-2014, 06:12 PM
Good luck on your return hunt hope all goes well. Bring home the medal!!! Safe & HH