PDA

View Full Version : Found and returned

Timewarpdigger
03-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Was able to get out for a short hunt this passed Saturday at a park in a local town. I wanted to try it out due to its history hoping for some potentially great finds. But so far that has not come to pass due to the frozen ground and limited search areas available.
To the point, on this day while hunting in a wooded section of the park I saw what I thought was just some old bag thrown in the brush. I first continued on my hunt but upon my return something told me to go check it out.
When I pulled it out of the low brush I realized that it was a purse and some of the items began to fall out. I picked up all the items and noticed another bag a few feet away as well as a eyeglass case. I put all the items into the larger bag and headed out of the wooded area.
As I examined the items I realized that the purse, wallet and eyeglasses were all Michael Kors big bucks as I understand it from the women of my household. Inside included a drivers license, credit cards, work certification cards, a visa gift card, and assorted personal items.
I brought the items home and upon inspecting the paperwork inside we found that she was a nurses aid that worked in a nursing home by the park. As luck would have it that nursing home is affiliated with the hospital my wife works in.
So today after work my wife and I went down to the nursing home and was lucky enough to find the young lady that lost the purse. She thanked us very much for bringing it to her and she told us that it was stolen from her car one night 4 months ago at the home and that they had broken her car window to get it. The look on her face was one of shock.
When my wife and I left I felt a great satisfaction in what we had done. Although the things were not in all that great of shape I think she appreciated getting her things back, and with a bit of TLC she can get them back to looking new again. Thanks for letting me ramble a bit,

Safe & HH

giant056
03-04-2014, 03:38 AM
Fantastic and great story :thumbsup02:

pulltabsteve
03-04-2014, 06:01 AM
That's awesome Rich!!!! It sure us a great feeling returning a lost item. Nice job!

RobW
03-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Now that's a good deed:thumbsup01:

leslie(nova scotia)
03-04-2014, 08:35 AM
great PR and a job well done!

KCFindIt
03-04-2014, 02:53 PM
I love hearing stories like this, as well as being able to return someone's lost items. I never ignore that split second intuition to check up on something laying on the ground. I saw and passed by (in the car) a discarded lottery scratch off ticket laying on the roadside. Saw it every day for a week. Then got a silent notion to stop and pick it up. It was a $40 winner!

aloldstuff
03-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Great job.....your curiosity paid off.

NJJOSH
03-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Ramble away we all love a good story:) Thats great that you did that. I once found a small stolen safe Inside was a guy s.s. card the title for his car and other stuff i took it to the police station when i finished detecting.

del
03-04-2014, 06:51 PM
A great story and commendable act that shows us your a man of high "character" sir :notworthy:

coinnut
03-04-2014, 08:42 PM
It probably made her feel good to get some of her possessions back. Nice deeds do not go unheard!:angelic:

Tony Two-Cent
03-04-2014, 09:37 PM
Good on ya! :clapping:

I'm sure she was glad to get her stuff back. :yes:

Great story, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup02:

Robbie
03-05-2014, 07:51 AM
I once found a purse in the woods,while just walking around exploring.It contained a woman`s license,credit cards,keys,etc.It looked like it had been there for some time,covered with ants,dirt and leaves.I contacted the police and he came within minutes,took my report and laid out the stuff over the hood of his car.Like I said it was really dirty with a lot of ants,I would`nt have wanted to put that stuff in my car.

tanacat
03-05-2014, 09:54 AM
What a great deed- I bet she was shocked!!! Thieves... :ticked:

Tom
03-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Hey Timewarpdigger, that should buy you a few good karma points fer sure!

Digger Don
03-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Great story, thanks for sharing.

ODA 226
03-06-2014, 09:59 AM
One word: INTEGRITY!

scootergirl
03-06-2014, 04:17 PM
What a great story and I'm sure she's grateful to have some of her things back.

Ronandari
03-08-2014, 08:08 AM
Nice work. :thumbsup02: doing right alays feels good.

Ron

scottie12
03-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Honesty always pays. Not always financially, but always by making you feel good knowing you dine the right thing. It was good hearing your experience. Thank you.