PDA

View Full Version : First Day out With AT Pro's

scootergirl
03-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Bob and I found a spot that wasn't snow covered today....cleaning up the earth, one piece at a time. First time out with the new AT Pro's, Really good to be out! The area was obviously gone through, but we felt good about cleaning the place up, snow plowed gravel lot full of trash and a small spot of beach. But we did find some Nugget Nectar on the way home.....in honor of the two shows we watch - Nugget Noggin and Diggers.

Skamaniac
03-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Even when the finds are few it's nice to get out! Cleaning up the trash on a skimpy day makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

KCFindIt
03-09-2014, 02:29 AM
I sometimes feel like a professional trash cleaner upper too.

giant056
03-09-2014, 04:04 AM
It's really great that you able to get out, I'm probably going to be able to get out in about a week by the looks of it.

del
03-09-2014, 06:50 AM
first day out ?? that must of been pretty exciting:yes: I think the general public would be absolutely amazed at how much junk or trash we find :lol: Coinnut finds so much he had to rent one of those industrial size garbage containers at his place :rofl: .I wish you success on you next outing.

Dan

just what is Nugget-Nectar anyways ?? (a beer , soft drink a mixed cocktail in a bottle ) first i heard of it .

BTV Digger
03-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Yeah, congrats on finally getting out. I'm envious. I was thinking that with the diversity of goofy items you have there, you could glue them together and make a simple art piece to memorialize the occasion! ;)

BTV Digger

Timewarpdigger
03-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Glad to hear you got out, weather all around is looking better, and I believe finds will too. Safe & HH

Trapster
03-09-2014, 12:07 PM
I was out yesterday digging and found a bunch of trash as well foil,nails,pull tabs,bottle caps etc.,but I did find nectar a modern penny so wasnt a total loss just good to be back out digging. Like what was ask before what is that nectar drink???

scootergirl
03-09-2014, 06:18 PM
It was good to finally get out there and have a go at it. I didn't care so much about finding trash - I was just so happy to swing it around and find some stuff to dig up, Cleaned up the backyard a little bit this afternoon too - we have some bare ground, but DH was swinging the rock pick and digging for me - it's like permafrost out there!

Del - that Nugget Nectar is a beer my husband found - it's Amber Ale and he said it's quite good! We've never seen it before, so it must have been one of those ment to be kind of finds.

scootergirl
03-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Yeah, congrats on finally getting out. I'm envious. I was thinking that with the diversity of goofy items you have there, you could glue them together and make a simple art piece to memorialize the occasion! ;)

BTV Digger

Ha ha - that is funny - we should do that. Right now they're in a box in the basement - we kind of want to see how much trash we end up digging up - I'm sure it will be plenty!

scootergirl
03-09-2014, 06:22 PM
I was out yesterday digging and found a bunch of trash as well foil,nails,pull tabs,bottle caps etc.,but I did find nectar a modern penny so wasnt a total loss just good to be back out digging. Like what was ask before what is that nectar drink???

That's great! Good to get out - I was hoping to get somewhere today, but we just piddled around the backyard and cleaned some more trash out. You must have been happy to find that penny!

And it's a Beer - an Amber Ale. We never heard of it before but DH said it's very good.

Trapster
03-09-2014, 06:59 PM
LOL!!! that penny was a trophy find yesterday.HAHAHAHA!! Well if its beer it cant be to bad,but today I found something that I am unsure of it looks like a shovel off of an old push plow but is concave?? Ive lived on a farm my entire life and havent seen anything like it. :)

KCFindIt
03-09-2014, 08:20 PM
LOL!!! that penny was a trophy find yesterday.HAHAHAHA!! Well if its beer it cant be to bad,but today I found something that I am unsure of it looks like a shovel off of an old push plow but is concave?? Ive lived on a farm my entire life and havent seen anything like it. :)
Can you post a picture of it?

Trapster
03-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Dont know how to post pictures yet.

KCFindIt
03-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Dont know how to post pictures yet. I know just enough to get in trouble! So I'm not the one to teach you on this one, but so many others on here are true experts and hopefully they will chime in and help you get on board with the picture posting. Cause we want to see your treasures!

Trapster
03-10-2014, 06:54 PM
That would be great.