PDA

View Full Version : Silver on the end of my Leshe ! Ring #22

PL8MAN
03-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Got out twice this weekend with my Son and Ryan . Not much found but a lot of clad . Some Foreign coins , S.B . Anthony dollar , 1940 nickel , two 1959 pennies , 12 game tokens and some junk jewelery . The one good thing I did find was on the end of my Leshe digger ! I had a faint target at 7 inches , +68 , +72 . I thought maybe a deep wheat penny . When I got down to the bottom of the hole , no target ? I probed around and nothing was there http://tnet.forumfoundry.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif . I picked up my Leshe to start digging again when I saw it http://tnet.forumfoundry.com/forums/images/smilies/laughing7.gif . It was a tiny sterling silver ring stuck on the tip of the digger http://tnet.forumfoundry.com/forums/images/smilies/laughing7.gif . It's ring #22 for the year , not much but I'll take any silver or gold ! Total clad for about 6 hours of hunting was $21.62 . Always check the end of your shovel http://tnet.forumfoundry.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue3.gif
HH
Glen

aloldstuff
03-10-2014, 05:15 AM
:congrats:on #22 and for that huge clad haul. Amazing that the tiny ring managed to end up on the end of your Leshe....good eye for spotting it.

KCFindIt
03-10-2014, 11:57 AM
talking about a Pinpointing expert!! Very nice haul of cache! I never saw that many Susan B's when they first came out, wild that you found one digging!

Tom
03-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Nice haul there! Congrats on the ring too :congrats:

coinnut
03-10-2014, 12:37 PM
You should have been a surgeon :lol: Nice stab :thumbsup01: Susan B.... the Edsel of coins :rofl: That coin was doomed to begin with because of it's shape. Careful trying to cash that one in, they may offer you 25 cents for it. Nice little surprise with the ring and a real nice clad count.

PL8MAN
03-10-2014, 05:26 PM
You should have been a surgeon :lol: Nice stab :thumbsup01: Susan B.... the Edsel of coins :rofl: That coin was doomed to begin with because of it's shape. Careful trying to cash that one in, they may offer you 25 cents for it. Nice little surprise with the ring and a real nice clad count.

I always cash my Susan B's at Mc Donalds . They always say you only gave me a quarter . I gal would believe me that it was a dollar coin . She said she would take it just this once . :hystericallaugh::rofl: . Got to love it when someone is taking money and has no clue :crazy:
Glen

Timewarpdigger
03-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Oooops on the ring :shocked01: Congrats of the variety of finds. Safe & HH

Digger Don
03-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Congrats on the ring And that huge haul of clad

JdsCoins
03-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Awesome finds! :grin: I bet that big peso had you going! :drool:

And how the heck do you always dig so much clad? I mean, I did a $20 plus clad hunt once or twice. And I was so tuckered out I was about brain dead. :hystericallaugh:

And haha, I do the "shovel sticker" trick a lot. What threw me for a loop once was when I had a mercury dime stuck on the BACK on my shovel. :shocked01:

CODY
03-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Good hunt. Congrats on the finds.

PL8MAN
03-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Awesome finds! :grin: I bet that big peso had you going! :drool:

And how the heck do you always dig so much clad? I mean, I did a $20 plus clad hunt once or twice. And I was so tuckered out I was about brain dead. :hystericallaugh:

And haha, I do the "shovel sticker" trick a lot. What threw me for a loop once was when I had a mercury dime stuck on the BACK on my shovel. :shocked01:

These schools are loaded with clad , and my back and knees hurt most of the time :lol:
Glen

ODA 226
03-11-2014, 09:04 AM
That's just too cool! Congrats!

RobW
03-11-2014, 11:39 AM
:lol:...I know that feeling! I had that happen once...couldn't find the darn target..ended up being a Merc that was still stuck in the mud on the back end of my shovel..thankfully I flipped it over

Nice haul:clapping:

NJJOSH
03-11-2014, 05:34 PM
What a great variety of finds congrats on another ring. I look forward to seeing your next

JdsCoins
03-11-2014, 05:38 PM
These schools are loaded with clad , and my back and knees hurt most of the time :lol:
Glen

Finding an area around here with clad that concentrated is a bit tough. I'm glad you're able to rake in so much. I guess when it comes to clad the more populated the area the better. lol. Keep digging it. And when your knees wear out just use your clad to buy new ones. :rofl:

JdsCoins
03-11-2014, 05:40 PM
And also, just curious what your best clad day is? It HAS to be an insane amount that makes me go :shocked04:

PL8MAN
03-11-2014, 06:30 PM
And also, just curious what your best clad day is? It HAS to be an insane amount that makes me go :shocked04:

Best ever day for clad was a two hour hunt at a school that is now off limits due to the city it is in , no digging aloud ! That total was $38.98 !
Glen