PDA

View Full Version : new message banner

brownbeardad
03-12-2014, 08:23 AM
I'm a new member, so this may be user error. When I click on the new message button, I get no response. Could be my firewall software and will continue to work on this.

Also, after selecting a thread I am getting a new blank window to open with the following URL:

This happens occasionally. Any help will be appreciated. The opening of threads issue just started this morning and was working fine yesterday.

del
03-12-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm not seeing it happen on my end Brownbeardad . what browser are you currently using??

coinnut
03-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Hi, I removed that link just in case it had a virus, which you may have picked up. If we leave it here we can spread it.

brownbeardad
03-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Certain that the link does not contain a virus. I am very proactive on keeping the laptop clean and maintained. I have noticed since my post that other websites are producing this error, so the issue must be on my side. Thanks for the responses.

coinnut
03-12-2014, 01:47 PM
When I opened it I got an add. That is never a good thing :lol: It a full time job keeping computers clean these days. Let us know if it doesn't correct itself on your end. I could end up being on our end and we just don't know it yet.

brownbeardad
03-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Thanks for your help del and coinnut. It was my Firefox browser that was causing the problem on my end. I reset the browser and the blank popups are not occurring. It is interesting that under Firefox help that a dedicated link exists for just this issue. It must be a full time job to keep the newbies in check. lol

del
03-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Thanks for your help del and coinnut. It must be a full time job to keep the newbies in check. lol

No problem , thats what we're here for beside the "newbies" aren't a a big deal its that coinnut fellow you have to keep in check.:rofl:

coinnut
03-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Newbies are fine it's the staff that has to be watched carefully :shocked03: (especially that DEL guy)

smeigs
03-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Im a newbie to the site and I love it! Great job everyone and I look forward to all the great things I will see and learn from everyone on here! Thanks again.