PDA

View Full Version : Another sign that the winter has been to harsh to detect is when.......

Lodge Scent
03-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Another sign that the winter has been to harsh to detect is when you have vivid dreams of great finds. Last night I dreamt I found a cache of coppers. Not just any old cache but a BIG cache. It included:

49 Draped Busts
13 Fugios (why 13 ? maybe because of the 13 rings?)
7 Classic heads
15 Liberty Caps
7 Flowing Hairs (they were sweeeet)
23 various State coppers including 2 mint condition Vermont landscape coppers. You should have seen those two VT's. They were beautiful.
And what would a copper cache dream be without a Gloucester token and not one but two Granby coppers.

No MA coppers. Can't even find a MA copper in my dreams. What's up with that ?

del
03-12-2014, 05:14 PM
now thats a dream :perfect10:

:lol::rofl: don't know Jeff but that is funny :rofl:

coinnut
03-12-2014, 05:30 PM
All the MA coppers are in Maine :lol: I'm sure you will be rewarded with a cache of Memorials :hystericallaugh:

Trapster
03-13-2014, 12:38 PM
I guess if your going to dream dream big..:grin:

Skamaniac
03-13-2014, 12:54 PM
What did you eat before going to bed? I need me some of that.

MangoAve
03-13-2014, 01:03 PM

Ugh. My home town, Somers, used to be part of Mass. When I was 11 or 12 I was so jealous of the situation. I had to go with my parents some place so I wasnt around, but my childhood friends were playing outside. One of them actually happened to find one of the MA coppers just on a dirt pile which we used to play on when we were even younger.

Digger Don
03-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Wow, what a dream. or maybe a premonition? Time will tell

Timewarpdigger
03-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Wow I think you need to put in some real digging time. Were you tired when you woke up? LOL :rofl: Safe & HH

Lodge Scent
03-13-2014, 09:10 PM
All the MA coppers are in Maine :lol: I'm sure you will be rewarded with a cache of Memorials :hystericallaugh:

I am sure that will be the case George. :disgusted:

I guess if your going to dream dream big..:grin:

Go big or go home :thumbsup01:

What did you eat before going to bed? I need me some of that.

No you don't. I had a fever and was coughing my lungs out. Maybe I took too much cough medicine.:barf:

Wow, what a dream. or maybe a premonition? Time will tell

The more I think on it Don, I am thinking it was a fever induced halucination enhanced by narcotic cough medicine. Those VT landscape coppers had all the colors of a real Vermont landscape......:twirlingeyes:

Wow I think you need to put in some real digging time. Were you tired when you woke up? LOL :rofl: Safe & HH

Yes I was exhausted. My ribs hurt too and I was soaked with sweat. :stretcher:

Lodge Scent
03-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Ugh. My home town, Somers, used to be part of Mass. When I was 11 or 12 I was so jealous of the situation. I had to go with my parents some place so I wasnt around, but my childhood friends were playing outside. One of them actually happened to find one of the MA coppers just on a dirt pile which we used to play on when we were even younger.

Yeah Mango, I am sure if I didn't WANT to find a MA copper, they would be jumping out of the ground at me.

MangoAve
03-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Lodge, an update. When I heard the story in the 90's from the friend who found it I was told it was leaning right up against the tree at the bottom of the dirt pile. The pile was maybe 2' tall. I was skeptical but I took the story as plausible. I say plausible but not likely. Maybe there was a ball of dirt that rolled down sometime while the father was diging to use dirt for landscaping and a rain made dirt come off.

I asked the other friend last night. I think its more likely to have happened this way. He was digging, found it but had no pockets. I know in the early 90's I owned a few pairs of shorts that had no pockets. (No they were not hot pants lmao). He placed it by the tree while he continued to play in the dirt, the other friend found it and claimed it and ran home. That was probably 20 years ago. Sheer luck.

Ronandari
03-18-2014, 04:52 PM
Heck MangoAve. Even if it was "sheer luck" I'd have been happy to have it. The way I see it, most of my finds are Sheer luck anyway. :lol:

Ron

giant056
03-19-2014, 06:23 AM
You never know, you're dream just might come true :grin:

OxShoeDrew
03-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Why those totals?? :lol: ...and how did you remember those numbers? :hystericallaugh: Was it in color?

Lodge Scent
03-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Why those totals?? :lol: ...and how did you remember those numbers? :hystericallaugh: Was it in color?

Beats me Drew. I remember I had them all sorted and stacked and catalogued. I remember the VTs were in color. It was a sweet dream :sleepy: