PDA

View Full Version : Great Day with the AT Pro's

scootergirl
03-15-2014, 04:38 PM
DH and I headed out today in search of some tot lots....found three decent spots. We plan to go back to the last one tomorrow - we didn't prepare well and had to stop around 3:30 to go get something to eat!! The first time I ever dug this much, which pleased me no end (my stuff is on the right) Maybe tomorrow I'll find some silver - DH found two silver quarters today, a ring and a charm. All in all we are really happy with the day!

Epi-hunter
03-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Wow, you two did a lot of digging! :shocked03: It's been awhile since I've seen that much digging but it sure is nice that people are able to get out there finally. That AT Pro is an impressive machine! Congratulations on the digs!

scootergirl
03-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Thanks, Epi Hunter - I literally couldn't get away from the small area I was in, I had hits every foot or so and I lost count of the spills I kept hitting - I dug so much that my hands started to hurt - lots of muddy digging. It is a really impressive machine and I'm glad to have it. Looking forward to the next outing - hoping tomorrow isn't as cold as they say it's going to be!

del
03-15-2014, 05:41 PM
thats a lot of knee bends right there ;) congrats to you two on a great haul of coins :cheering:

scootergirl
03-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Thanks! We are feeling it a bit now....wish the hot tub was up and running, LOL!

aloldstuff
03-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Awful lot of digging but great finds. Very glad to see that the two of you are having so much fun. Thanks for posting, it gives us still frozen in people hope. :congrats:on the silvers, you'll get yours tomorrow.

scootergirl
03-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Awful lot of digging but great finds. Very glad to see that the two of you are having so much fun. Thanks for posting, it gives us still frozen in people hope. :congrats:on the silvers, you'll get yours tomorrow.
Thanks - we are still a bit frozen here too, some places we dug were only thawed about an inch, but woodchips were easy to move around, even in chunks. The last place was pretty soft and muddy, though. I'm so happy DH found silver - I would love to find some, but I had so much fun, I can't complain!

coinnut
03-15-2014, 08:16 PM
You two did great. You will find silver and it is a great feeling :lol: The hot tub is a must when the bones ache:rolleyes: I use it for killing the ticks too.

Timewarpdigger
03-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Nice clad count and congrats. Good luck tomorrow. Safe & HH

scootergirl
03-16-2014, 03:23 PM
Nice clad count and congrats. Good luck tomorrow. Safe & HH

Thank you - had another great few hours of digging - pulled a plated ring, what looks like a silver chain with some charms and A Chuckie Cheese Token, lol, and over $6 in clad. DH found a Sterling Silver ring, one wheatie and almost $8 in clad. BTW - DH found a Chuckie Cheese token yesterday - must be popular with this crowd. All in all a great weekend digging even though today was cold, for the first "official" weekend - pulled up over $20 in clad and we're both really happy with our New AT Pro's.

smeigs
03-16-2014, 03:46 PM
nice work! Any day with the AT pro is a great day!

giant056
03-17-2014, 06:39 AM
Fantastic haul you got there :thumbsup01:

scootergirl
03-17-2014, 04:38 PM
Thanks everyone - the knees are yelling at me today, though, lol!

ODA 226
03-19-2014, 01:11 AM
Excellent finds!

Skamaniac
03-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Nice work! Glad you're liking the AT Pros. What a great way to get experience with the machines and keep you excited it.

magicwand
03-20-2014, 02:03 AM
Our ground here in Staten Island NY finally softened up last week......looks like you had a good day out there

magicwand
03-20-2014, 02:48 AM
We need to have a permit issued by the Park and Recreation Dept. to MD the 31 parks and 8 beaches here in NYC.....my daughter lives in Manahawkin,NJ......what is the permit requirements in NJ.....I've been using the ATPRO for 2 years now and have the ACE250 as a backup....the ATP is a great MD

scootergirl
03-20-2014, 05:33 AM
We need to have a permit issued by the Park and Recreation Dept. to MD the 31 parks and 8 beaches here in NYC.....my daughter lives in Manahawkin,NJ......what is the permit requirements in NJ.

The requirements vary from place to place in NJ, but we have been told Fish and Game are not issuing permits at this time (we applied) they are re-evaluating the MD Policy State-wide.

Trapster
03-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Nice finds.Maybe your fish and game will do away with the permit thing but if they are making money on it probably not.

scootergirl
03-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Nice finds.Maybe your fish and game will do away with the permit thing but if they are making money on it probably not.
I don't think there was a fee....maybe that's what they're re-evaluating? Don't have much info right now.

NJJOSH
03-23-2014, 04:57 PM
Great pile of finds scootergirl! I sure hope that when they reevaluate the metal detecting policies in our state that its in our favor. I emailed the governor last year about ghost towns that are located on state land.