PDA

View Full Version : First gold ring!

Otis Campbell
03-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Today was a short day for me as my wrists are killing me! Took the wife out today for a couple of hours and she did ok, but I had a "First" one of many and it's been quite sometime in coming! I found my very first gold ring! I mean real deal holy field gold ring! I have found gold coin, silver, any number of other things, but the gold ring has always eluded me. This morning I took one the wife's 14 K diamond channel rings and buried it 4" in the back yard along with a '64 & '74 nickel about a foot apart each. They all came up mostly 39 up to 80 but most of the time it showed 39! So i took that new found info in hand and headed out to find whatever. I never dug that low of tones until my little test out in the back yard! 37450"39" is my favorite number now!

KCFindIt
03-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Very nice. As a newbie, with no previous experience or knowledge, I dug pretty much all signals, just to see what may pop up! As I've learned my machine, as all of the "pros" say is a must, I've been able to be a little more discriminate on what I spend my time digging. A real gold ring has been elusive to me so far. Congrats.

coinnut
03-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Congrats on your first Gold ring:groovy: We do miss some good targets by just hunting for better numbers, but it can't be avoided sometimes. Glad you dug that 39 reading.

Timewarpdigger
03-17-2014, 07:52 PM
Congrats on your find. Learning your detector makes all the difference in the world. Safe & HH

Digger Don
03-17-2014, 08:22 PM
Congrats on your GOLD

CODY
03-18-2014, 03:51 AM
Congrats on your Great find. As Ive always said, you can't practice too much. I have a garden planted in my back yard. I go over it every now and then. It also gives you a chance to see if your machine is still working correctly. HH

giant056
03-18-2014, 08:15 AM
Great score on your first GOLD ring :thumbsup02:

.................. :congrats:

MangoAve
03-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Yahtzee! on the ring. lol. But a take on what you did and what KCF said, many manuals instruct you to have a few types of metals on hand to see how your machine will react. It even says in my machine's manual that gold registers on lower numbers because it's usually found in small sizes. I just wonder if it will be hard using the a zap feature on mine to remove unwanted signals. Most of what I been hitting were aluminum cans which gave an inconsistant number. Sometimes pull tab, sometimes 5 cent. Good call on trying the ring first.

smeigs
03-18-2014, 09:58 AM
good looking ring! I have yet to find a gold ring as well. Maybe today will be my lucky day!

Otis Campbell
03-18-2014, 10:31 AM
I use the Eurotek Pro which is a fairly new to me machine. I got it in TN while working last year in Aug. I have been running the settings @ volume 9, disc. 00, sensitivity yesterday @ 10 max. There was hardly any trash, the grey ghost headphones is where I get my volume for comfort, and @9 on the volume on the machine, iron is lower volume than the higher number high tones so iron is still audible but not annoying. I dig most everything. Nickels are around foil and so is gold! 39 is the highest value for iron! Just want I have figured out so far.

aloldstuff
03-18-2014, 12:17 PM
:congrats:on your 1st gold ring. All the gold rings I've dug (and its not that many) always rang up as a nickel. I have to dig those signals now....every time. Hope you can get some more.

ODA 226
03-19-2014, 01:18 AM
Congrats! Now I'm going to have to go back and dig all those 39-53's that I passed up! :girlcry:

del
03-22-2014, 06:02 PM
:clapping:Mega Congrats :clapping: on your first ring Otis:cheering::cheering:

PL8MAN
03-22-2014, 11:52 PM
Sweet gold ! Congrats

scootergirl
03-23-2014, 07:13 AM
Congrats!! What a great find - found my first gold yesterday as well, and I think every time I see that number again, I'll always dig it.

Lowjiber
03-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Congratulations on your first gold ring. May there be many more in your future.:)

Being more familiar with the White's VDI scale, I can't speak directly to your detector's scale. However, here's something that you might find interesting...

The percentage (karat weight) of gold in a ring (and other jewelry) plays the major part of your detector's discrimination process and resulting "number". On a scale of 0 to +90'ish, the higher the karat weight… the lower the displayed numerical reading.

For example, a pure 24 karat ring (good luck with that one:)) will display a number in the single-digits (0-9). Whereas, a 10 karat (typical class ring) will be higher up the scale.. usually in the high 50's range.

Given your example, one can kind of interpolate that same scale, and get your 39 number.

Why am I telling you this? Simply because gold is scattered across the scale, and you might find that higher karat ring much lower on the scale than your 39. A very wise man (Rudy) once told me, "If it's a solid eight, dig it." Now, that's on a White's scale, but I've found a lot of high karat gold jewelry by following that advice.

Just sharing...

NJJOSH
03-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Congrats on your very first gold ring:) i can't wait to get out again

Tom
04-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Always nice to find a ring, gold just makes it all the more better...

Willems
04-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Damm nice ring you got there.
Congratulations.

freemindstuck
04-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Great Find! :perfect10:

Johan K
04-01-2014, 01:27 PM
:congrats:Good habit to dug on low tones........I Always do !!