PDA

View Full Version : Another non-glorious hunt

Cheap Thrills
05-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Oh well , enough to stuff my face at McDonald's <:

Baba

coinnut
05-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Hey, is that a dollar coin? It would make clad hunting so much more fun if you could score 1, 2 or 5 bucks on one coin lol Get with it American and join the rest of the world ;) Clad adds up, but I would skip the McDonald's route :yes:

Cheap Thrills
05-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey, is that a dollar coin? It would make clad hunting so much more fun if you could score 1, 2 or 5 bucks on one coin lol Get with it American and join the rest of the world ;) Clad adds up, but I would skip the McDonald's route :yes:

Hi George , thanks for throwing an old dog a bone with your gracious post . :smitten: Yes , I am still alive ( much to the disappointment of countless thousands I'm sure lol )and that is a dollar coin , I used to find quite a few of those before the Post office got rid of their stamp machines . :( Can't completely avoid McDonald's due to a busy schedule but I mostly go for the grilled Chicken Salads or the Fish sandwiches due to a fear instilled in me by the old movie Soylent Green . :shocked04:

Baba

CyberSage
05-26-2010, 10:17 PM
If it existed it would definitely come from the golden arches...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/DispLib/soylent_green.jpg

Nice hunt, oh wise one. May your clad finds outnumber the sands of the desert in which you detect.

Jack

Cheap Thrills
05-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Thanks Jack , for wishing me good fortune , the words of wit and posting the movie flyer ( cracked me up big time ). rofl thumbsup01

Remember the old can of beans that Edward G. Robinson and Charlton Heston shared in the movie and Charleton said something like It's been ages since I've had great food like this ?
Hmmmm........... maybe now would be a great time to invest in a truckload of canned beans . :thinkingabout:

Baba

Ill Digger
05-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Thats a good haul :yes:
Findin' dollar coins is hard to do.
Yeah I skip McDougal when at all possible. I tell my boys it's poison :yes: They're not buying though :rolleyes:
Keep swingin' the next hunt will be glorious thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

Cheap Thrills
05-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Thats a good haul :yes:
Findin' dollar coins is hard to do.
Yeah I skip McDougal when at all possible. I tell my boys it's poison :yes: They're not buying though :rolleyes:
Keep swingin' the next hunt will be glorious thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

Timmy ,
My Granddkids aren't buying it either , Mickey D's uses flavors , bribery and brainwashing ( pretty hard to beat that) . Thanks for the kind words my friend and I hope we will both experience some glorious hunts very soon . thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Baba

z118
05-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Looks like a good hunt to me!

del
05-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Baba your finds would be a welcome site :smitten: compared to the slump i've been in these last few weeks :bangahead01:
but experience tells me that its just the suspense leading up to something really nice in my future is all . i believe this
is true for you as well :yes: ;)

Dan

Lowjiber
05-27-2010, 07:45 AM
I used to hunt the beach in Santa Cruz. There are a lot of dollar coins to be found there, as the city uses them in parking meters.

In a Los Gatos, Ca. park, I actually found six in one hole once (all the same date). They were stacked together like they had been planted.

Cheap Thrills
05-27-2010, 01:36 PM
I used to hunt the beach in Santa Cruz. There are a lot of dollar coins to be found there, as the city uses them in parking meters.

In a Los Gatos, Ca. park, I actually found six in one hole once (all the same date). They were stacked together like they had been planted.

Wow Jib , to an old guy like me living on a fixed income that would be like a mini-payday <: . Nice going !!

Looks like a good hunt to me!

Thanks Z , it was a good hunt for a small wood chip lot but my heart is really yearning to find a new to me spot of dirt with some old silver in it . I need a really good jolt like when I found
my Morgan dollar or my 1/2 Real .

Baba your finds would be a welcome site :smitten: compared to the slump i've been in these last few weeks :bangahead01:
but experience tells me that its just the suspense leading up to something really nice in my future is all . i believe this
is true for you as well :yes: ;)

Dan

Wow Dan , I hope your right . Here's wishing us a little luck !! :beerbuddy: thumbsup01

Baba

Hook
05-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Oh well , enough to stuff my face at McDonald's <:

Baba

Hi there Sheik, I'm Hook and new to the forum. Thats a pretty good hunt, compared to some of mine lately. Congrats and may your next hunt be twice as rewarding.

SeabeeRon
05-27-2010, 06:58 PM

Time to come home John! :crying02: :bop: :behave:
Nice hunt Baba, love hitting those Dollar coins! 8)

moseng
05-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Hey, I know you! Weren't you the one that advised me not to eat yellow snow from where the huskies go? :) Anyway, a pocket full of change and the fun of not knowing what you'll dig next... Not a bad deal! Congrats!

Cheap Thrills
05-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Time to come home John! :crying02: :bop: :behave:
Nice hunt Baba, love hitting those Dollar coins! 8)

Thanks Ron, much less hassle than digging 100 Zinc's . :grin:

[/quote]

Hi there Sheik, I'm Hook and new to the forum. Thats a pretty good hunt, compared to some of mine lately. Congrats and may your next hunt be twice as rewarding.

Welcome to the forum Hook, thanks , I wish you the same. thumbsup01

Hey, I know you! Weren't you the one that advised me not to eat yellow snow from where the huskies go? :) Anyway, a pocket full of change and the fun of not knowing what you'll dig next... Not a bad deal! Congrats!

Thanks Moseng , no , that wasn't me with the yellow snow thing , wasn't it tanacat ? :thinkingabout:

Baba