PDA

View Full Version : Big Gold today ! What a hunt for all three of us !

PL8MAN
03-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Now this was the kind of hunt I think about all the time but rarely happens . Got out this morning with my hunting buddies Ryan and Dan to hunt a 1950's school . I have hunted this school off and on over the years always hoping for gold but it has never happened til today ! It got started with Ryan hitting two gold items almost back to back ! They were a 14K neck less and a 14K scroll looking pendent . Then Dan found a nice sterling neck less . Then it was my turn ! I had a +26 at 5 inches and it turned out to be a small bangle bracelet . I got up and swung my MXT PRO and got another +26 at 5 inches . I thought this ill be another bangle bracelet . Well it was a bracelet but this one was GOLD ! It's a 7.4 gram 10K gold Mexico bracelet ! Next it was Dan's turn . It found a small gold pendent with the letter R on it . It's not marked due to the loop on top is gone . He is going to test it . It looks very dark gold , maybe 22K ! The last find was Ryan's 10K gold ring ! Total clad for about 4 hours was $6.90 . :grin:
HH
Glen

Ronandari
03-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Nice work. :wow: You always find nice jewelry Glen.

Timewarpdigger
03-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Awesome finds congrats!!! Always nice finding gold, still haven't found anything yet. One day. Safe & HH

Digger Don
03-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Congrats on an excellent bunch of finds. I'm getting Gold fever

coinnut
03-22-2014, 10:18 PM
Wow :shocked04: I don't know where to start :lol: That is a lot of jewelry....so much that I actually made a jewelry program for my E Trac tonight. :yes: Now I just have to get out and use it. Great finds!:congrats:

CTTodd
03-22-2014, 10:20 PM
Bling all good

NJJOSH
03-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Boy you sure must have some sweet spots. you have great finds to share with us everyday it seems. Cant wait to see whats next

lenjsr
03-23-2014, 08:47 PM
You sure it wasn't a grave yard LOL nice score

KCFindIt
03-23-2014, 10:06 PM
Wow :shocked04: I don't know where to start :lol: That is a lot of jewelry....so much that I actually made a jewelry program for my E Trac tonight. :yes: Now I just have to get out and use it. Great finds!:congrats: Coinnut, am wondering what a jewelry program is? Can you elaborate?

aloldstuff
03-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Great day. :congrats:on all those great finds. I noticed that the clad count was down from your usual amount but what the heck, anybody will take gold over clad.

Tony Two-Cent
03-24-2014, 10:47 AM
That's a lot of gold for one hunt! Congrats to all three of you! What a beautiful bracelet!

:perfect10:

zrickkid
03-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Nice find! It sure is a bonus when gold pops out of the hole.

coinnut
03-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Coinnut, am wondering what a jewelry program is? Can you elaborate?

A jewelry program is nothing more than setting up your machine to have a separate program to use, when you just want to have a better chance of finding gold jewelry. On the E trac, and CTX 3030, (along with many other machines), you can create and save custom programs. I set up a basic program to allow most numbers on my machine to give a good tone that are in the most popular gold range. I have also blocked out most pull tabs (yes, I will lose some gold) and blocked out most coins, except where silver and Indians come in. This way I can concentrate on the more important gold numbers and discriminate out the other targets. So when I am doing a very popular site that has a lot of repeat people on it, (like ball fields or summer concert places), I can use this program and dig better quality targets. But you still have to dig a lot of junk :lol:

KCFindIt
03-24-2014, 08:11 PM
A jewelry program is nothing more than setting up your machine to have a separate program to use, when you just want to have a better chance of finding gold jewelry. On the E trac, and CTX 3030, (along with many other machines), you can create and save custom programs. I set up a basic program to allow most numbers on my machine to give a good tone that are in the most popular gold range. I have also blocked out most pull tabs (yes, I will lose some gold) and blocked out most coins, except where silver and Indians come in. This way I can concentrate on the more important gold numbers and discriminate out the other targets. So when I am doing a very popular site that has a lot of repeat people on it, (like ball fields or summer concert places), I can use this program and dig better quality targets. But you still have to dig a lot of junk :lol:
Thank you for the explanation and obviously, I don't have a programmable machine! I'll put that on my Christmas wish list!

coinnut
03-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Thank you for the explanation and obviously, I don't have a programmable machine! I'll put that on my Christmas wish list!

Sometimes there are notches that you can turn on and off to get rid of a broader range of targets on some machines. It can't be fine tuned, but you can still reduce the number of targets you want to accept and increase your odds of finding gold. Look to see how your discriminator turns on and off and see if there are some kind of increments on how much disc you want on.

KCFindIt
03-25-2014, 05:37 PM
Sometimes there are notches that you can turn on and off to get rid of a broader range of targets on some machines. It can't be fine tuned, but you can still reduce the number of targets you want to accept and increase your odds of finding gold. Look to see how your discriminator turns on and off and see if there are some kind of increments on how much disc you want on.Now you are talking language that I can somewhat understand. Do you know what changing the sensitivity level does (physically)? Does it increase/decrease depth, or do you combine it with discrimination to help eliminate certain targets? I'm just not sure.

Otis Campbell
03-25-2014, 06:14 PM
That's awesome I was out today and found several zinc jar lids, 5 quarters , 1 old butter knife, and a solid brass ball 1" 1/4 in diameter! In other words junk! I want to hunt with you guys! Love seeing someone finding great stuff! Congrats to your merry little troop.

tracyjm
03-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Wow! You literally hit the mother lode. You guys were tuned in on that hunt...Congratulations!

smeigs
03-28-2014, 03:36 PM
great finds! Thats a heck of a hunt.