PDA

View Full Version : Need a new search coil for my V3i asm y stock 10DD coil went bad. Any suggestions?

zrickkid
03-25-2014, 05:45 PM
My 10"DD stock V3 coil finally crapped out. Whites guy Tony at electronic exploration is just up the road a mile or two and he confirmed it. So....i was thinking of the 12" or the 8x14". I already have the 4x6 shooter coil. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hunt a lot of older parks and wooded areas and I just recently started to hunt more on older homes on private property. Let me know what you Whites guys think!!:)

Tom
04-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Your kidding me right, a whites 10"D2 coil died????:coffeelaugh:
Just kidding if you did not know they had a ton of problems with them. :omg:
You might want to contact Whites and tell them. you just might just get a new one for free.... :yes:

giant056
04-03-2014, 09:51 AM
My old D2 coil (orange label) died on me last year so I put the one that came with my V3i on (much heavier) and it's been working actually better than the old one I think with less false signals than the old one. I would still buy an orange label one new if I could find one though cause they're remarkably light in construction.

Tom
04-03-2014, 10:06 AM
My old D2 coil (orange label) died on me last year so I put the one that came with my V3i on (much heavier) and it's been working actually better than the old one I think with less false signals than the old one. I would still buy an orange label one new if I could find one though cause they're remarkably light in construction.

The new 10"D2 coils are what they call "V" rated! something about a better "null", that might be why it worked better.

giant056
04-03-2014, 10:24 AM
The new 10"D2 coils are what they call "V" rated! something about a better "null", that might be why it worked better.

It is also a v rated coil as well even though it did come out before the vision the V is embossed on the mounting ear like the V nulled coils are. I still have the coil and have been thinking about sending it in cause they can and do repair them. I'm also a member of geotech forum which is basically Carls forum I think, the guy that's an engineer for Whites electronics, I did check the forum for ways of nulling a coil but didn't see too much on DD coils but that's been quite some time ago and I might look more into it again to see if I can fix it myself.

Tom
04-03-2014, 10:36 AM
It is also a v rated coil as well even though it did come out before the vision the V is embossed on the mounting ear like the V nulled coils are. I still have the coil and have been thinking about sending it in cause they can and do repair them. I'm also a member of geotech forum which is basically Carls forum I think, the guy that's an engineer for Whites electronics, I did check the forum for ways of nulling a coil but didn't see too much on DD coils but that's been quite some time ago and I might look more into it again to see if I can fix it myself.

Thanks for the heads up on that forum, gonna check it out! :thumbsup01:

johnedoe
04-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Give White's a call, they might surprise you with their reply.
Also they can repair coils quite often for a fraction of the price of a new coil.

Greg408
04-25-2014, 12:47 AM
If you do buy a new one, I recommend the 6x10. I have done well with it in old sites and modern parks alike. I think it offers both good coverage and good separation -- at least over the 950 that came with my VX3. I know people swear by the D2 but I've not gotten my hands on one yet.

happycamper08
05-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Are the sef coils for whites V rated?

del
05-03-2014, 01:51 PM
yes , this was the difference between the dfx s.e.f coils and the v3i.

Lowjiber
05-03-2014, 09:14 PM
I suggest contacting White's. The newer 10D2's are much better than the originals, and they might replace yours.

If you do buy a new one, I recommend the 6x10. I have done well with it in old sites and modern parks alike. I think it offers both good coverage and good separation...

IMHO, that's the best coil White's ever made, and I've had 'em all.:)

Greg408
05-10-2014, 07:10 PM
IMHO, that's the best coil White's ever made, and I've had 'em all.:)

My opinion of the coil is even higher (though probably less humble) right now, because it just helped me get my first Seated Half. Pretty stoked right now!

I also like the Eclipse 5.3, though, for trashier areas.

G

gabby
05-14-2014, 08:50 AM
I'd also recommend the 6x10 if you want to get another coil. Nice and light and probably the coil I tend to use most often these days.
http://www.whiteselectronics.com/eclipse-dd-6x10-search-coil